Trucks been great until last night

coorsman2005

i like beer
Wife leaves the base ball fields with the kids and then. All the dash lights go crazy like a strobe light more less. Dinging like crazy almost constant. Pops up says service shifter then something about the transmission. It goes so fast you can’t read it. Throwing 4 codes. U0140 u0001 u0100 u0121 Something else that kinda blew my mind. When it’s going crazy. If I just plug my code reader in it all stops. If I clear the codes and leave the reader plugged in everything seems normal as soon as I inplug the reader it freaks out. Ideas from anyone would be great. Other then the freaking out of the dash truck runs and drives perfect.

U codes are communication codes. Sounds like a plug isn't fully seated somewhere and is momentarily losing contact, or your fuse box has a gremlin.

Also it says. Don’t shift from drive do not shut engine off wtf

Got an appointment at the stealership in the morning. We will see what they say. It was acting funny shifting this morning. Told the wife to plug in my code reader. She plugged it in all the dings stopped and started shifting perfectly. Who knows what the heck. Gotta be a bad connection like said above. It’s just where.

I'd unpin your OBD2 port and see if anything looks goofy there. I bet your two CAN lines are touching somehow and messing up communication.

Either that or possible the terminating resistor (wherever that is on this truck) lost solder and the code reader's resistance does the same job. I feel like that's less likely though.

Last edited:
8CEBB4C7-C19A-45E8-8E8C-5311CB2B98D6.jpegWell think I may be onto something. I found what I think are the cheap wire splice crap at the obd2 port. Let me know if that’s what it is if so I’m thinking I may have a cut wire. Maybe someone got a dui and that’s how they hook them up he’ll i dunno.

God forsaken scotch locks. Someone needs locked in a portable toilet and set on fire. :D
Portable toilets are unsafe, unsanitary havens of satan, they are similar to scotch locks in evil-ness.
Even the most idiotic scotch lock user deserves a better fate.

Mark.

I’m not a 100%. The guy on the phone said it was behind the dash on the passenger side shorting to the body. Said it was a low voltage wire? Not sure but seems to be good now

Back