Joined the ranks of a TDI owner last night

06 DIESEL

Dead Eye Firearms LLC
With my work commute going from 17 each way to 65 each way starting Monday I had to do something as fuel was going to eat me alive. Found a 06 with 89k on it for a decent deal. Yes its a manual. Now just to get the TDI tools and take all of the emissions crap. Dealer could not verify if the timing belt has been done so it is on my list in the next two weeks to take care of just in case.

What was a decent deal? I would like to have one if I could find one, but I refuse to pay 1.5 times what an equivalent gas car would cost.

I paid 2k less than dealer book out the door, so really I paid 4k less than book. I did not price a gas version to be honest, I would not have bought one. If I was going to spend the $$$ I was going to get a diesel.

call up kerma and get that ***** tuned :D

might wanna hit up southbend for a clutch too. i have a good friend with a 05 golf tdi and its a joy to drive and hes gotten as high as 55mpg on highway trips

just the tune, i was under the impression that the pump duse motors (04.5+ IIRC) had electronically controlled timing...but im no tdi expert. I do know that those years got a much better turbo then the older ones

I am sure in due time it will get tuned a little. For now I have to drive it 130 miles a day, so keeping it reliable with no down time is ideal. First is the timing belt and cleaning out/deleting the egr crap.

Instead of deleting....just get some 1/8" or 1/4" steel and put some plates between the EGR and where it circulates....looking back now I wish I had just done that rather than pulling all the junk off. Would have been much easier.

Back