"Lamp out" randomness

R_Frericks

The lamp out light comes on now ang again while driving down the road. Checked all the lights and can't find one that's burned out. Today it went on and off about 10 times and drove me nuts with the constant dinging. It usually does this when the lights arent even turned on. Anyone else seen the problem or have a fix before i take it in to get looked at? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Loose light socket boards in the rear taillight assembly FTW thats what was wrong with mine when it was flickering on and off activating the dinger

also they have issues with the wiring harness that runs down the drivers fender back the frame to the rear. normally can't see the issues, pin holes in wiring isolation and corrosion. load test circuit and you'll find problem.

Loose light socket boards in the rear taillight assembly FTW thats what was wrong with mine when it was flickering on and off activating the dinger

that is what i was going to say too.. i normaly have a board or two at my place just for that reason when they start to tell me about that i just replace them you can get them at any auto store for a few bucks. i would try there first

How can the fcm tell the lights are burned out or shorted if they arent even on? It only does this during the day mainly

My truck recently did the same thing turned out to be bulbs were starting to wear in the socket and would lose contact when hitting bumps or even turning and accelerating, I would start there I replaced all mine and haven't had any problems since

same problem here mine was a compound issue. The rear light boards, and a hack of a wiring job from the "pro" at the dealership that installed my plow mount kit. but that ding is possibly the most annoying sound known to man, nonstop wile your driving down the highway.

i went through and replaced all turn signals and stop lamps and mine quit. its like they start to short or something\.

Found it finally!!!! A brake light finally decided to stay burned out. Thank God I couldn't handle that ding anymore. Thanks for the input guys.

Back