Anyone know about Kubota compacts

Jesse M.

I have a Kubota L3200 I use mostly for mowing, and light loader work around the property. When I bought it new a few years ago, I was assured it was exactly the same as the L3800 I was set to buy, only slightly less HP. They had this one in stock, and I got a pretty nice deal on it. Well...it's not exactly the same, it lacks Live PTO or what I would call a two stage clutch. It's a pain in the butt when the mower stops every time I push in the clutch to change direction
My question is, can I simply swap the clutch from an L3800 into my L3200? . Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
I don't know squat about a Kubota, but what I know about tractors is I would expect more to be different than just the clutch. Linkage, pedals, something else will be different.

Chris

I bought a shop manual that covers both tractors, but it's pretty vague when trying to decipher what is different. From what I can tell, they are identical with the exception of the engine and clutch. Looks like the PTO shaft on both spins inside the main transmission input shaft, and has it's own spline. The difference I see is a separate or double throw out throw on the 38hp. I asked the service manager at the dealer, figuring he had probably seen both apart, he said he would have to call Kubota. Thanks for the advise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick online parts search shows different gears in PTO, but some shafts appear to be the same.

If your PTO is not live, then it would have to be driven completely differently than the live/independent PTO of the L3800. If the L3800 has a 2 stage clutch, then it would have 2 clutch discs, and a hollow shaft with the PTO shaft inside. Your L3200 would not have that hollow shaft. Your PTO would have to be driven off of the same clutch disc as the ground drive.

Lots of parts to change it around. I would not attempt it, and I do this for a living. Of course if I had access to real parts books, I could try and look deeper.
Chris

Last edited:
That's the info I was looking for! Thanks for taking the time to help. I'll deal with the stop and go mowing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back