Dynomite Diesel 12v Pilot Injectors

Thank you for taking the time to post Will. I was thinking over the weekend about the days when we all used to chat here because I saw a PDD sticker at Nashville Cars and Coffee.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

Almost makes me wish I still had a 12v to play with again

Pump tuning is a lost art to these new computer punks!
Chris

The fact that Detroit uses the same technology "since" 2017 should be a strong indicator that it demands further investigation and testing on these 25 year old trucks.... Weston, I don't want more competition in this premium multi-hole injector market so I'm okay reading your negative opinions. However, as an advocate for pushing diesel technology forward, you really should give "pilot jet technology" a closer look, especially for your street customers.

What I was referring to was a Detroit nozzle that we modified, it was not a factory component. That example simply shows that I have been using different orifice sizes on the same nozzle for many years before DDP or yourself. My negativity is toward the catchy titles and marketing, as I said before the concept has nothing to do with pilot injection.

Good post Will. It's good to see data and evidence instead of vague negativity.

Agreed. Shit has gotten old.

Well let me be transparent then, my attitude toward this topic comes from the fact that I have Bosch prototype nozzles from Mack in the early 2000's that were using the same concept, yet were not chosen to be used in production. My perceived negativity is not in regard to different orifice sizing, count, or location, my issue is when I am threatened to remove images of products I have sold for years by a company that chose to now market it aggressively, and yes I have the emails to prove it.

Well let me be transparent then, my attitude toward this topic comes from the fact that I have Bosch prototype nozzles from Mack in the early 2000's that were using the same concept, yet were not chosen to be used in production. My perceived negativity is not in regard to different orifice sizing, count, or location, my issue is when I am threatened to remove images of products I have sold for years by a company that chose to now market it aggressively, and yes I have the emails to prove it.
I was confused by the notion that it was awarded a patent when I thought they had been used elsewhere.

Will, thank you for showing up to the chat and clearing up the air. You've answered many of the questions that have been lingering in my head sense PDD and DDP starting marketing this "new product."

It's difficult to sift through the BS vs factual information on forums and social media.

I’ve had a set of DDP4s since last summer. According to one of their videos, they have five main holes slightly smaller than .016” and the two small holes are .004”—if I’m remembering correctly, that is. I’ve never been to a dyno or anything like that, but I can describe what I observed with them the best I can.

The injectors they replaced was a set of ten year old 5x.018” sac. The differences were:

-it sounds more like a VP truck when idling in drive
-throttle response is a bit snapper off idle
-power is about the same, maybe very slightly less
-black smoke output under load is significantly reduced, without that pukey gray smoke mixed in
-starting seems the same or very similar
-white idle haze when the engine is cold is about the same

This is a picture I took of one with my phone.
tjbM6si.png

Overall, they are pretty expensive (for this size), but they are an improvement over the 5x.018s in terms of smoke under load, although their claims of faster starting aren’t quite as advertised. That said, my truck started pretty quick already so there wasn’t much to be gained there.
where you have see this? i have ask them what size and they wont tell me :doh:

Very interesting or should I say, very impressive!

It would be interesting to see how these injectors do in a build that uses speed of air pistons.

Interesting, and it makes sense to me. My first negative thought was longevity. How long before the pilot holes become a crack in the nozzle tip, or just plugs up with carbon, and become useless.
I see plugging being the issue with the lack of fine filtration on this style fuel system.

Interesting, and it makes sense to me. My first negative thought was longevity. How long before the pilot holes become a crack in the nozzle tip, or just plugs up with carbon, and become useless.

Bot, I said that in post 2.

Back