Diesel Power Challenge 2015 Coverage and Discussion

This whole deal reminds me of NASCAR, where driver's are so busy responding with sponsor names and gratuities that you wonder if there are any single individuals involved, for all the business names flying around.

So, is it, for example, Lavon Miller or Firepunk Diesel?
Or the same in the ATS camp.

Seems to me it's just another money game and if a poor boy with little invested in his truck wins, the rest are gonna' get all butthurt.

Mark.

That's the truth seems like every single truck is from a shop. ATS built, Firepunk, Warren Diesel, Holders, River City, Etc.

There are trucks in the event that are not from shops but associated with a shop. Think about it though a truck at that caliber to be able to compete at the DPC is going to have some relationship with a diesel performance shop.

No joke there! I've seen Warren Diesel's truck run 7.0 in the eighth at Rudy's, and it ain't light either, which should be good for the trailer tow and sled pull.

Jessie has a 6.0 puller that he pulls out here and is a pretty good runner

Jesses truck is one of the strongest 6.0's out there, but it looks like it's going to have a little trouble spooling even with the switch to compounds.

There are trucks in the event that are not from shops but associated with a shop. Think about it though a truck at that caliber to be able to compete at the DPC is going to have some relationship with a diesel performance shop.

Not totally true. My truck is a 1000hp fuel only daily driver. I can drive, I know the truck inside and out, and it's relatively reliable. Id love to compete in an event like this. But $$ is needed for transport, and all the spare parts these guys stock to make this happen. Plus the money to be in it home and fix it if it grenades something. My truck was built and is maintained by a small shop that does amazing work. But I'd have to save for years to be able to afford to compete in this event. If you don't have the money, or the backing of a big shop that has the capabilities and parts, it's probably not all that feasible for the "little guy".

As you stated it was built and maintained by a shop.

But I do agree with you its hard for the "small" guys to compete.

Only because I can't fabricate, weld, or have the resources/lift/tools to do it myself. Everything done to it has been out of pocket, and it's not like I make an outrageous amount of money, way way less than 6 figures. Oh well.... Hopefully these guys out on a heck of a show. I know I'm not going to get a thing done at work the next few days keeping track of all of this. The dodge guys definitely have their stuff together.

Today is the meet and greet. Dyno will be tomorrow, then trailer tow, trailer drag race, and drag race Wednesday, and then MPG challenge w/ a cruise up to the Eisenhower tunnel and sled pull Thursday.

My bet is on a truck that has not changed its setup for this event. Every time someone changes a setup they never get it right.
Hopefully someone can get close to there predicted hp ratings in the magazine also.

Last edited:
Cory has a lot of air up top with 116mm Precision charger. I think that 1400 was a stock duration tune too. It doesn't matter who wins the most horse power, it comes down to who can drive their truck. I actually think too much power will hurt you in most events.

You want usable power and a cool head on your shoulders. That is why I think Lavon and Rick will be hard to beat.

Yeah I wouldnt count Jared out. He has that truck figured out for sure. All 4 dodges are from OH area, yup.

Last edited:
Jesses truck is one of the strongest 6.0's out there, but it looks like it's going to have a little trouble spooling even with the switch to compounds.

I was wondering if he still had the single on there or not. That altitude is no joke.

Back