Truckers, lets see your rigs!

b74d56efdf9a9c172a43ff3fa5a1e9b5.jpg
Fukkin schippers is at it again. That truck is a knockout

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Any of you CAT guys have any interest in an S410 based charger with an 80-82mm inducer and 101x92mm turbine?

The 78mm 96x88 chargers just seem to be a bit lack luster above 600hp on the Acert engines and most guys won't put a 1.58 housing on to help cool them off.

......or they could leave the compounds and quit drinking the kool aid. Lol.

Any of you CAT guys have any interest in an S410 based charger with an 80-82mm inducer and 101x92mm turbine?

The 78mm 96x88 chargers just seem to be a bit lack luster above 600hp on the Acert engines and most guys won't put a 1.58 housing on to help cool them off.

What would be the ideal engine for this to be mounted on?

......or they could leave the compounds and quit drinking the kool aid. Lol.

Bbbbut, 2 turbos are bad.

As opposed to a GT55 or S500?

I take it you guys don't deal with the typical truckers much? They flat out ignore everybody telling them to leave the compounds or they are old E model trucks unwilling to put compounds on. These guys are cheap and or unwilling to change their mindset. GT55, S500, and compounds are completely off of the table with the average CAT guy who calls in. They step over nickels to pickup pennies scattering chargers all along the way.

They only want the best of every world without using the one setup that accomplishes it. 700hp, quick spooling, reliable, and cool.

It's funny, a friend of mine tried to make multiple S400s work on the manifold in his twin set, he finally got a factory spec GT50 from a C16 and he loves it.

Taking notes from the guys that had done testing on all the GT50 and HX60 turbines, they out flow the 400 in almost all areas so why use something custom?

It's funny, a friend of mine tried to make multiple S400s work on the manifold in his twin set, he finally got a factory spec GT50 from a C16 and he loves it.

Taking notes from the guys that had done testing on all the GT50 and HX60 turbines, they out flow the 400 in almost all areas so why use something custom?

We have to stay at or under 2 grand or everybody will buy a 78mm borg because in their mind a warranty means they can scatter it and get a new one. Trust me man, I've been pulling my hair out over this crap more than anything. Its something custom or let them walk. 0r7924 are "too laggy" to most as well "becasue of that dang wastegated housing". These are the most difficult customers we have.

I take it you guys don't deal with the typical truckers much? They flat out ignore everybody telling them to leave the compounds or they are old E model trucks unwilling to put compounds on. These guys are cheap and or unwilling to change their mindset. GT55, S500, and compounds are completely off of the table with the average CAT guy who calls in. They step over nickels to pickup pennies scattering chargers all along the way.

Deal with them every day and except for a few smart ones or guys that have spent tens of thousands learning the hard way. They're some of the dumbest mf'ers on the planet.

Truckers LOVE the word "warranty" and cheap. Even if both are meaningless.

Deal with them every day and except for a few smart ones or guys that have spent tens of thousands learning the hard way. They're some of the dumbest mf'ers on the planet.

Truckers LOVE the word "warranty" and cheap. Even if both are meaningless.

You're picking up what I am laying down here. We have had some pretty darn good luck with the S410 CAT stuff so long as the guy is honest on his tune,injectors, etc and so long as he lets us spec the charger. That rarely happens though. Gotta have that fricken 1.32 housing like dem quick spools

Hahahahahaha Hahahahahaha Hahahahahaha phuck truckers......

We got sent on a field call on a truck we just had in the shop. C7 that had a bad IAP sensor. We get there, check thinks over. 5 cans of ether, empty in the floor board. Check the oil. It took 3 gallons to fill it. I told them to get a new driver and schedule to fix the oil leaks.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I couldn't have a high enough shop rate to handle the headaches of the service side of things. I've turned down thousands and thousands in turbo installs because I don't want a phone call 6 months from now about how is radio doesn't sound right ever since the turbo install.

It's the Pyro. You can put a U joint in the rear driveline and the Pyro quits....

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

We have to stay at or under 2 grand or everybody will buy a 78mm borg because in their mind a warranty means they can scatter it and get a new one. Trust me man, I've been pulling my hair out over this crap more than anything. Its something custom or let them walk. 0r7924 are "too laggy" to most as well "becasue of that dang wastegated housing". These are the most difficult customers we have.

80mm large turbine 60 I bought to trade last year was $1100 cost, kind of hard to beat that even if it cost extra to make it work.

Back