Turbo oil feed line sizing?

Got Smoke?

I'm wanting to upgrade the turbo oil feed and return lines on my 12V. Local guy to me has started producing stainless braided line kits, but he only offers a -4AN for feed lines on a stock turbo.

I'm running a stock appearing 63/67 hx35, and just wanted to be sure this will be sufficient. His oil drain lines are -10AN so no question there, but I just wonder if I should go with a -6AN since I'm drag racing and turning high rpm's?

I would go to a dash 6 line if u can find fittings. Can hurt to have extra oil feeding turbo. My opinion only though

I always like getting my stuff from Vulcan performance.

I'm wanting to support my local small guy, his prices are very good without having to include shipping. He has all sizes available but was advertising replacement feed lines for stock cummins turbos as -4AN

I'm wanting to support my local small guy, his prices are very good without having to include shipping. He has all sizes available but was advertising replacement feed lines for stock cummins turbos as -4AN

I'll second the -6. Especially having personally flashed a bearing with a stock feed. Just my .02.

Dash 6 on here Mark
e4259fb85a82442bbfeebac95864b4c9.jpg

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Mutant S300 I had Zackezius Faylor assemble and balance. Billet compressor, CAT chra, deere? Turbine housing. 63X68 powder and cerakoted

Mutant S300 I had Zackezius Faylor assemble and balance. Billet compressor, CAT chra, deere? Turbine housing. 63X68 powder and cerakoted

I'm hoping Zach will see this and add his $.02 I started to email him direct but we talked about him building me a charger a few times, but then Isaac Blaess made me a deal I couldn't say no to on his charger so I didn't want to bother him. :doh:

Something to think about:
What is the orifice diameter ahead on the hose? You will only flow what it will let you.

What is the orifice diameter ahead on the hose? You will only flow what it will let you.

He includes new fittings for oil cooler and turbo I'm not sure what the diameter is on them, but its very tempting to get the -4AN kit at only $48

Thank you. So many times I hear or read about someone increasing a line size and keeping the fitting size the same.

Those running a street truck in very cold weather might consider running the next size up as during start-up (till things warm), the oil's viscosity might be high enough to starve the turbo bearings.

I would go -6 on anything performance. We had a local hot farm eating chargers from nearly every builder in the nation and after we had him change his to a -6 from a -4 he's been on the same overhaul for a full season. Before that he was lucky to get 2 pulls. Obviously this is an extremely over the top situation but it definitely shows how it can effect life. At 100k rpm it is very important to have perfect oil supply. Don't hesitate to contact me anytime with questions! You don't have to buy something to get some info.

What are your thoughts on modifying the oil feed ports on the filter housing of a cummins to increase flow?

I would go -6 on anything performance. We had a local hot farm eating chargers from nearly every builder in the nation and after we had him change his to a -6 from a -4 he's been on the same overhaul for a full season. Before that he was lucky to get 2 pulls. Obviously this is an extremely over the top situation but it definitely shows how it can effect life. At 100k rpm it is very important to have perfect oil supply. Don't hesitate to contact me anytime with questions! You don't have to buy something to get some info.

Thank you Zach I just felt a little out of place asking, but I appreciate all your advice! I'll get him to make me a -6AN line at the same time I get a drain line from him.

Back