Ok I’m stumped my 05 3500 just put a motor in it and oil pressure falls.

74Powerwagon

I know the gauge is really not a gauge on these trucks coming down the road been on the road 35 mins no problems, go to turn down my street and my check gauges light comes on and oil pressures gauge falls to 0 well I pull over shut truck off and it comes right back up like the problem never existed. Pull town street about a quarter mile to house and it comes back but same thing check oil within operating range. Could it be a bad sender? probably going to hook a mechanical gauge on it just to be sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Do a pressure check with a manual gauge set-up to be safe, but it's likely a bad sending unit.
Been a bit of that going around, I noticed.

Mark.

Do a pressure check with a manual gauge set-up to be safe, but it's likely a bad sending unit.
Been a bit of that going around, I noticed.

Mark.

Thank you. Had a wiring issue causing the 5v system to short out and I got that issue solved this problem hasn’t been here since the day I drove it home after putting the motor in it and it’s been 400 miles or more. Will put mech gauge on it for now and see. Didn’t change it after rebuild so could be problem

my 03 does this exact thing when its cold, i can only assume its sensor related issues because motor hasnt started making funny noises yet.

my 03 does this exact thing when its cold, i can only assume its sensor related issues because motor hasnt started making funny noises yet.

That’s very damn true! Lol I’m going to run a mech gauge and see if I can get it to do it again haha

Back