Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tractor Performance > General Tractor Performance > Allis Chalmers
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Allis Chalmers Big Orange

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 04:46 PM   #41
ACFarmer

Name: ACFarmer
Title: On to the next project
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4dually View Post
I tell ya. I went from having my feet on the bar across the front of the cab watchin the dead furrow in the mirror......to BOOOOM....chest in steering wheel, tractor turning right but plow fighting it, can't see anything due to the water turning the dirt on the windows to mud, then it died cause I couldn't get the clutch pushed in fast enough cause my feet were still on the ledge and my knees were in my chest. It is a shame that timeless piece of footage can't be seen on youtube.
A damn shame

Old 12-10-2010, 04:48 PM   #42
ACFarmer

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signature600 View Post
436 IH??

Chris

Thats our little secret..... Mine still runs a N6 crank.... thats beeen uh.... modified

Old 12-10-2010, 10:59 PM   #43
6gears

Name: 6gears
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
It is funny how people think I was complaining aobut having to fix 2 motors in our tractors. I really could care less.... Our tractors are not abused, serviced when needed and not really overworked. **** happens. I still bleed orange and when I die I want to be buried in an orange casket with a big AC emblem on it.

Old 12-10-2010, 11:45 PM   #44
Peterson

Name: Peterson
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6gears View Post
I still bleed orange and when I die I want to be buried in an orange casket with a big AC emblem on it.

same here buddy, same here!!! long live the old orange tractors!!!

it still pisses me off everytime i read the agco advantage mag, that there is no more orange agco's. i would never buy a PHUCKING MF. i would rather go buy a damn old allis or a binder. never ever will you ever see me in a MF. yeah its the same tractor under the paint, but i like the orange, not the damn red. they say the MF name is wanted more over sea's. well this is over PHUCKIN sea's. i can tell you alot of the allis farmers around here are very very very pissed off. The orange tractors died off once in 85. now again in 2010. what a bunch of BS!!!
Allis Chalmers D17 Puller with AC 3500 MKII

Old 12-11-2010, 12:18 AM   #45
Mr.T

Name: Mr.T
Title: DPF's are gay
Member`s Gallery
1086 IH FTW!

seriously though, my uncle has a 2wd 7050? AC, one HELL of a tractor, i've spent many a day in that thing pullin a 4 bottom rollover, and the 1086 may do it faster, but the AC does it with style

Last edited by Mr.T; 12-11-2010 at 12:23 AM.

Old 12-11-2010, 07:05 AM   #46
Peterson

Name: Peterson
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
thats all that 7040 will do? back in the day, dad had a 7020 that pulled a 6x18" bottom plow. it had no problem with that. just had one dual on and went with it. that little 301 is a hell of a motor.
Allis Chalmers D17 Puller with AC 3500 MKII

Old 12-11-2010, 07:37 AM   #47
Signature600

Name: Signature600
Title: THA MAN!
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17cumminsboy View Post
same here buddy, same here!!! long live the old orange tractors!!!

it still pisses me off everytime i read the agco advantage mag, that there is no more orange agco's. i would never buy a PHUCKING MF. i would rather go buy a damn old allis or a binder. never ever will you ever see me in a MF. yeah its the same tractor under the paint, but i like the orange, not the damn red. they say the MF name is wanted more over sea's. well this is over PHUCKIN sea's. i can tell you alot of the allis farmers around here are very very very pissed off. The orange tractors died off once in 85. now again in 2010. what a bunch of BS!!!

So, when were you looking to purchase your new AGCO tractor? What if the price was $10K higher than the same Red Massey Ferguson?

You can get pissed at me if you like, but the majority of people that are complaining about AGCO's decision are people that haven't bought a new tractor in 20 years. The people we deal with, the people BUYING iron, honestly care more about getting good service from us, than what color the tractor is. THAT, in our opinion, is the #1 thing we can do to sell iron...make sure we have good service!

FACT is, that if sales of the Orange tractors were good enough to bring the factory back over here, we could still paint them Orange. There is only one country in the world that sells AGCO Orange tractors, North America...and in that one country, there are only a handful of states where Orange is a real player.
So, out of 140 or so countries where AGCO sends machinery, you have this little spot of the world where people like Orange. Here in the Midwest, like Ohio and Wisconsin, AGCO is way bigger than MF....but on the world stage, NO ONE knows who Allis Chalmers was to even care about orange tractors...they might have seen their construction equipment, or power generation equipment, but most people outside of North America, and some isolated spots in Europe, have ever heard of AC tractors.

Now, here in NA, over 140hp, AGCO was selling more RT and DT series tractors than Challenger, and as many as MF...but under 140hp, AGCO was getting DESTROYED, to the tune of about 1500 tractors to MF's over 9000. It just didn't make sense financially. If you farmers that are "pissed off" would have ponied up and bought tractors, we probably wouldn't have had this problem.

Personally, to me, I don't like that the Orange is going away...but honestly, we're DAMN lucky it was here as long as it was. AGCO realistically should have done away with the White, AGCO Allis, and AGCO name back in 2000 when they created the AGCO branded tractors. They did talk about calling them AGCO, and painting them red, but again, globally, Massey Ferguson is the name that people know. 38 years of being the number 1 selling brand in the world will do that

Also, and just FYI, we bleed Orange...big time. We have better than 175 antique tractors in the barn, mostly Allis and the other AGCO brands, and a good many of them are VERY rare AC's that we have never seen another one like it, and we've been around a day or two We decided when AGCO told us of their decision that we would be one of the last dealers with Orange tractors on our lot, and our customers really helped us with that in the last 6 months, ordering quite a few of them.

You won't find many people that the AC roots run as deep with....and ACFarmer and the rest of his family is like us too, right Derek?

Oh, and BTW...if you want a new Orange AGCO, the time to buy is now Tier 3 engines instead of Tier 4i, good finance rates, some pretty decent delas to be had, and AGCO is giving you a 3rd year of Warranty for being a valued customer. Pretty good deal if you ask me

Chris

THANKS TO:
Tim Barber @ TRE Diesel
Jeff Mumau @ Mumau Diesel Service
Rip @ Source Automotive
Don Thuren @ ThurenFab Suspension
Columbus Diesel Supply

Old 12-11-2010, 07:40 AM   #48
Signature600

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACFarmer View Post
Thats our little secret..... Mine still runs a N6 crank.... thats beeen uh.... modified
Nice!! I'd still like to build a puller someday...it's not like I don't have piles of old engine parts laying around to do it with Just need to find a good chassis.

If you guys ever need a crank, and can't find one, just yell...I've usually got standard and balanced cranks on the shelf ready to go! Hell, I've got blocks, heads, rods, etc, etc, etc too
Chris

THANKS TO:
Tim Barber @ TRE Diesel
Rip @ Source Automotive
Columbus Diesel Supply

Old 12-11-2010, 03:20 PM   #49
Mr.T

Name: Mr.T
Title: DPF's are gay
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17cumminsboy View Post
thats all that 7040 will do? back in the day, dad had a 7020 that pulled a 6x18" bottom plow. it had no problem with that. just had one dual on and went with it. that little 301 is a hell of a motor.
it could easily pull a bigger one, thats just what he has

Old 12-12-2010, 01:23 PM   #50
ACFarmer

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signature600 View Post
Nice!! I'd still like to build a puller someday...it's not like I don't have piles of old engine parts laying around to do it with Just need to find a good chassis.

If you guys ever need a crank, and can't find one, just yell...I've usually got standard and balanced cranks on the shelf ready to go! Hell, I've got blocks, heads, rods, etc, etc, etc too
Chris
Sounds good to me! Every now and then we do need cranks... like when mine went boom the first pull of the year this year Yeah Chris we bleed orange. We do have one MF 8270 but we got a killer deal on it with 200 hours off of a lease return that Hines had out when they closed. Me and dad have been trying to talk dean into a DT240 or something like that though with a cvt

Old 12-13-2010, 07:28 AM   #51
Signature600

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACFarmer View Post
Sounds good to me! Every now and then we do need cranks... like when mine went boom the first pull of the year this year Yeah Chris we bleed orange. We do have one MF 8270 but we got a killer deal on it with 200 hours off of a lease return that Hines had out when they closed. Me and dad have been trying to talk dean into a DT240 or something like that though with a cvt
I remember that tractor...you guys got a good deal....we were hoping to get that one

Chris

THANKS TO:
Tim Barber @ TRE Diesel
Rip @ Source Automotive
Columbus Diesel Supply

Old 12-28-2010, 11:10 PM   #52
chris300

Name: chris300
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Very nice!!!

Here is my 7045 in action.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19qN4cY176I
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7045 - Copie.jpg (87.7 KB, 0 views)

Closed Thread