$1000 bonus payout for the first 10sec run!!!!!

Here are the 2011 NHRA rules:
ROLL BAR
Roll bar mandatory in all cars (including T-tops) running 11.00
(*7.00) to 11.49 (*7.35), in convertibles running 11.00 (*7.00) to
13.49 (*8.25), and in all dune-buggy-type vehicles running 12.00
(*7.50) seconds and slower. Permitted in all cars. See General
Regulations 4:10, 10:6.
ROLL CAGE
Roll cage mandatory in cars running 10.99 (*6.99) or quicker or any
car exceeding 135 mph. In full-bodied cars, with unaltered firewall,
floor, and body (from firewall rearward, wheeltubs permitted),
running between 10.00 (*6.40) and 10.99 (*6.99), roll bar permitted
Section 4A, page 4 Super Pro, Pro, Sportsman
in place of roll cage. In convertibles running 10.99 or quicker or
exceeding 135 mph, roll cage mandatory.
In other words, for virtually all of the trucks here they should only need a roll bar. The rollbar requirements are shown in the NHRA rulebook, but they are basically a 5-point minimum (main hoop, 2 rear braces, and one sidebar next to the driver). The part that seems trickier is how you mount it to the frame, as most truck frames don't stick out far enough towards the outside of the truck.

MASTER CUTOFF
Mandatory on any car with a battery running 9.99 (*6.39) or quicker,
any car exceeding 135 mph, or on any car where the battery is
relocated into the trunk area. See General Regulations 8:4.

In other words, you aren't forced to put the battery in the back, but if you do you need to add the cutoff. The cutoff also MUST interrupt the charging circuit so that the truck quits running when the switch is turned off (usually done with a dual-circuit shutoff that disconnects the field/sense wire from the battery at the same time).

TRANSMISSION, Automatic
Spring-loaded, positive reverse lockout device and functional
neutral safety switch mandatory. Transmission shield meeting SFI
Spec 4.1 mandatory on any car running 10.99 (*6.99) or quicker or
any car exceeding 135 mph. Automatic transmission flexplate
meeting SFI Spec 29.1 and flexplate shield meeting SFI Spec 30.1
mandatory on cars running 9.99 (*6.39) or quicker or any car
exceeding 135 mph. See General Regulations 2:12, 2:14.
In other words, 10 second trucks would need a trans shield/blanket. Keep in mind that "hard" shields are only good for 5 years, and blanket-type shields are only good for 2 years.

Other items that come to mind:
Locking transmission dipstick required 10.99 & quicker
Aftermarket axles required 10.99 & quicker - however most tracks seem to accept full floating axles in lieu of aftermarket (following common sense).

Michael, does it also say bolt in valve stems ? I thought i had seen that somewhere. that could come into play for someone who has a street truck and wanted to race

Here is the reference (it's under General Regulations):
5:1 TIRES
Tires will be visually checked for condition, pressure, etc. and must
be considered free of defects by the technical inspector prior to any
run. All street tires must have a minimum of 1/16-inch tread depth.
Temporary spares, space saver spares, farm implement or trailer
tires prohibited. Metal, screw-in valve stems mandatory in tubeless
tires, front and rear, on vehicles running 11.99 or quicker.
Glad you mentioned it, it's one that is frequently overlooked.

10's

Is this going to be part of the race? If so how are you doing the first round/fastest? Has anyone run a 10 yet? It's getting close!!! Is anyone going to test at SGMP? They are open tues/wed/thur of that week. I'm going to stop on my way down and test, just wondering if anyone else is. Jeff

Is this going to be part of the race? If so how are you doing the first round/fastest? Has anyone run a 10 yet? It's getting close!!! Is anyone going to test at SGMP? They are open tues/wed/thur of that week. I'm going to stop on my way down and test, just wondering if anyone else is. Jeff

Too late Jeff, I busted a 10 in practice last week and made them pay up!!! LOL I'll buy you a beer with the 1000.00 I won! LMAO See you shortly, Gary

There is one problem with the test and tune at SGMP those days...it is $200 a car and its a 6 car minimum!

SGMP

Thanks for the heads up. I will have to call on the way down and see if there will be other cars/trucks running. Jeff

Jeff, I'd like to stop by sgmp Wednesday otw down, but work is getting busy faster than I expected. If your gonna be there let me know, when it gets closer and I'll see what I can do.

Aron

that too.

didn't suncoast make 860? plus 6 speeds..... if they get that 66 to lite a few feet out and run the gearing advantage at 6000#.... I think they need to re-write this challenge as the first in the 9's :)

I predict a 10.49 run by the end of the weekend.

Last edited:
that too.

didn't suncoast make 860? plus 6 speeds..... if they get that 66 to lite a few feet out and run the gearing advantage at 6000#.... I think they need to re-write this challenge as the first in the 9's :)

I predict a 10.49 run by the end of the weekend.

i think dallas said lots of fols were having issues and the fastest pass ron got was 11.4 .... i see a lot of huge mph's with high e.t.'s .... maybe some arent leaving as hard as they would like?

Back