Cummins Block and Head

Really dude, like I said before, I spent hours searching and I cant find the pictures I need to make the renderings accurate. I need totally straight on from all sides. :thankyou2:

Yes really. See Grossihaus' post. It won't serve any purpose when it's complete.

If I think about it when I break down my 12v motor, I'll bring it to work and scan it and create a 3D point cloud that will be accurate to couple thousandths of a inch.

Now that would be helpful! Would take a lot of cleanup, but it's something that could be modeled.

IMHO you can't make a CAD model without having something tangible to measure off of in this case. A general model ain't worth a damn, unless it is for the 'hey look what I did' crowd. You either need dimensioned out prints or a block and head to be able to correctly model it. The model you posted is about a helpful as a cardboard box with 6 pistons sitting inside.$.02

We think alike. Scary. LOL

I think I have the Cummins 12V overall drawing in printed format, I can check tomorrow.

That would be best. I haven't been able to scrounge up Cummins models in the US.

It would defy the purpose getting the models from cummins. Im doing this as a project for school and to add to my resume. The crank was just a rough. I need to do more research to what the degrees are for the crank and what pistons are paired.

I can save you that time. Pretty much standard for any inline 6 diesel engine.

1 5 3
6 2 4

120 degree crank separation.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Theres my garage gem. Its a 15" bore piston.

Piston.jpg

Back