6 nitrous nozzles waste of time and money?

Swamp Donkey

I am building a 12v and am at the point of making my 6 individual runner intake manifold. I was going to weld in 12 1/8 npt bungs (2 per individual runner) but am rethinking this idea. Will there be any advantage to 6 individual nozzles so close to the cylinder head or should they go back just after the intercooler? I thought the 6 nitrous nozzles would be nice on the awesomeness factor, but if not functional or practical then what is the point! Looking @ 600hp on fuel with a little extra from nitrous. Maybe!

The advantage would be if you have a thermocouple on each exhaust port, so you could balance cylinder temperatures with the nitrous.

My truck race budget does not have 6 pyros and a data logger! I think I will stick to something a little less intense. Almost bit off more than I can chew cutting off the stock intake and porting the head (intake & exhaust) and building this 6 runner intake!

It'll look badass and you can plumb as much nitrous as you'd ever want into it. I'd do it!

I can see 6 being useful if it is going to be a drag truck. Assuming a nitrous controller is in play. At the levels you are talking about plus a little extra not needed though.

3 bungs - water (air to water setup intercooler of EGT issues)
4 bung - small pill for turbo spool/purge
5 bung - medium pill for stage one nitrous
6 bung - large pill for stage two nitrous.

Back