Shell LM24 Racing Diesel

Application
Shell Racing Diesel - LM24 is an advanced Diesel race fuel designed
to enable ideal combustion and highest efficiency for race cars powered by
modern Diesel engines. It meets the relevant ACO regulation and the EN 590
road car fuel specification.
Comments For Use
This racing fuel should be stored in closed and preferably full fuel containers
under dry and cool conditions to maintain maximum performance potential.
Please ensure supply and storage conditions are not below 0 degree Celsius.
Characteristics
This diesel racing fuel has been carefully designed to deliver the right balance
of power, endurance, fuel economy and clean emissions. A key ingredient at the
heart of the racing fuel is synthetic GTL Fuel, which is synthesized from natural
gas to have outstandingly clean and efficient combustion. This racing fuel was
designed to clean and protect modern precision fuel injection systems.
Properties Typical Values ACO Regulation
Density 830 - 835 kg/m3 820 – 845 kg/m3
Cetane Number 60 - 65 51 – 70
HFRR < 350 μm max 350 μm
Sulphur < 10 ppm max 10 ppm
CFPP -3°C - -6°C -
Cloudpoint -3°C - -10°C

directly from the shell website.

hyperfuels has it listed for $439 for a 55 gallon drum

niiiiiiice, wonder what, if any gains you could see on a dyno, on the track..... I know you would notice less in your pocket when seated. 60 cetane thats a step up from 40 !

i've been told that this and the syn diesel were dyno'd against #2 and the difference was almost un-measurable. same tune same day, though there might be some gains had there been some tuning involved, it dont look like it's worth the extra money.

i've been told that this and the syn diesel were dyno'd against #2 and the difference was almost un-measurable. same tune same day, though there might be some gains had there been some tuning involved, it dont look like it's worth the extra money.

I have heard people say no difference, and some say 40-60 hp improvement. The only way to know is to compare it on a dyno. At least that way i will know for sure.

Best way would be:

Get your best tune on #2, dyno...
Change fuel, dyno...
Tune for the new fuel, dyno...
Change back to #2, dyno...

See what the results and testing show.

If its the same Shell V-power diesel what is available here in Europa,. it will add more power and engine runs smoother.

I fill it to my Transporter TDI in Germany 2008, the top speed rise from factory 156kmph to 175kmph

Only one disadvantage , its very expencive

Wouldn't it be easier and cheaper to add a bit of Cetane booster? Dunno how well it actually raises the points but, a lot cheaper then that lol.

To put it the way Shell told us when we talked to them, In Europe they wouldnt even use our fuel in their tractors.

This fuel is a very high grade diesel, that will prolong the life of your diesel.
If you get a little bit more confidence running it then go for it, use it for racing. How much fuel do you actually use for racing?
If you drive to the track make sure you are pretty much on empty when you get to the track and only put in as much race diesel as you need to race then fill up with regular diesel on the way home.

Its no different than running race gas in your gas vehicle. If it gains you a little bit of power great, but if it adds to the protection of your motor by making it a cleaner burning engine and more efficient then it gets my vote for sure.

Back