Cummins Block and Head

smokin6bt

Hay guys Im working on doing a 3D design of a 12 valve cummins. Does anyone have pictures of a bare block and head? if they do could you post them? Thanks

none like I need. I need straight down the front and back as well as straight down from the top of the block.

little project. Im making a 3D model of a cummins. need pictures to get some refereces to locations and how everything sits together.

Tell me exactly what angles you need. I have one on a rotation stand and one on a wheel dolly. Both are complete short blocks. Then I have one head. I want to see this rendering.

Just straight shots from front,back,left,right,top,bottom. I have a very generic one done so far. I want to add as much detail but cant without picturs to use. also If you have a picture of the front timing cover.

Like I said rough but its gonna be better with some pictures to work off of

Attachments

• Untitled Block.jpg
    Untitled Block.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 0
Like I said rough but its gonna be better with some pictures to work off of

I've got a 6.7 and 12v 5.9 at home in the garage. I could get you some. But I won't be home for 3 weeks yet.

Not to pick down your rough draft but at least set the pistons with their running mate at equal heights, if you're not going to clock them at 120 degree spacing. Looks like snaggletooth pistons.

Lol, just looked at your name pic, I have a piston in my garage as well, that looks just like the one your beside.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
If I think about it when I break down my 12v motor, I'll bring it to work and scan it and create a 3D point cloud that will be accurate to couple thousandths of a inch.

I think I have the Cummins 12V overall drawing in printed format, I can check tomorrow.

IMHO you can't make a CAD model without having something tangible to measure off of in this case. A general model ain't worth a damn, unless it is for the 'hey look what I did' crowd. You either need dimensioned out prints or a block and head to be able to correctly model it. The model you posted is about a helpful as a cardboard box with 6 pistons sitting inside.$.02

Last edited:
It would defy the purpose getting the models from cummins. Im doing this as a project for school and to add to my resume. The crank was just a rough. I need to do more research to what the degrees are for the crank and what pistons are paired.

I've got a 6.7 and 12v 5.9 at home in the garage. I could get you some. But I won't be home for 3 weeks yet.

Not to pick down your rough draft but at least set the pistons with their running mate at equal heights, if you're not going to clock them at 120 degree spacing. Looks like snaggletooth pistons.

Lol, just looked at your name pic, I have a piston in my garage as well, that looks just like the one your beside.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

It was at the trade show in chicago bout a month ago. This was next to it,

Attachments

• 2012-09-12_13-53-22_848.jpg
    2012-09-12_13-53-22_848.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 0
Back