Good 4 - 6'' Lifts?

DMAXcountry

Diesel and Gun Nut
If I were to add a 4 or 6 inch lift to my GMC 2500 HD, what lift would you suggest? I like Fabtech alot but not looking to spend that kind of money. I was thinking superlift, skyjacker etc. I want a basic kit that will hold up to street driving and trail riding... not looking into serious mudding or rock crawling. I just want a decent ride for under 2000 dollars w/o tires... I'll take care of that.

I know some of you guys aren't into lifts and thats fine... just please don't tell me not to lift mine. Opinions of all lifts open.

Cognito would have to be my favorite for that truck...but hands down the best kit for your requirements is the RCD.

Very well designed kit, that comes with Bilstein shocks also. I like to set them up at 5" to get the best out of the kit.

chev4wd8kitzincfull.gif

chevy4wd86a.jpg

Let me know if you need a price on this, or any other kit.

I know its not a Chevy, but my SkyJacker kit on my Dodge didn't hold up very well. The coil springs were sagging in less than a year and by the end of the next year all the paint had came off. I have brown rusty coils now under the front of my truck....if I wasn't selling it I would pull 'em off and mediablast 'em and powdercoat them. So comparing apples to oranges, I don't like Skyjacker much...though it was their base kit. Maybe they have gotten better since I bought mine back in 02.

Cognito again.....

What you save up front, you will spend on front end parts later.

The Cognito Kit will give you the ABSOLUTE Best geometry, and you will get better ball joint wear than a stock front end with keys.

2Cents

awesome... i guess it will be that kit... now to sell the bike this spring.

looking for 7,000 for it... i plan on lift/tires/TC and valve body. Save the rest on stuff for the little baby girl my wife and I are expecting!!! woo hoo!

jambbii said:
I'm with Jess on this one. RCD hands down is the best quality and install is by far the easiest.

Josh

Jess was not saying it was the best or installed nicest.... He said for the "budget minded install" it would fit the bill best.

Jess knows suspensions stuff, and would most likely reccomend Cognito to any ISF GM customer if that customer was looking for the BEST.

If I'm wrong here, please correct me JESS.

JacktheBear3 said:
Jess was not saying it was the best or installed nicest.... He said for the "budget minded install" it would fit the bill best.

Jess knows suspensions stuff, and would most likely reccomend Cognito to any ISF GM customer if that customer was looking for the BEST.

If I'm wrong here, please correct me JESS.

I am saying overall my favorite... In my personal opinion the best lift for an IFS chevy would be a strait axle conversion :hehe:

jambbii said:
I am saying overall my favorite... In my personal opinion the best lift for an IFS chevy would be a strait axle conversion :hehe:
damn, you beat me to it! I was going to suggest. Rock Krawlers lift.. but that thing is 6700 for just the swap.. No front axle, tons of cutting and welding, new drivelines blah blah blah.. Of course Rock Krawler rapes ya on all they're stuff. But still, it's an idea :rockwoot:

I forget which company made it, Cvs were level & the front tires didn't stick out further like most kits. Also I would pass on the shocks & go with rancho 9000s if your ever going to pull or race.

I am pleased with my BDS kit. The only problem i had was a vibration, but after I changed out the tapered blocks to flat. It is perfect. I can't believe how much taller my truck is.

Check out my avatar...

...cause I love my 4" TC. Lots of guys are pulling with TC with good results as far as wear and tear. I was sold when I one of them in person, then especially sold when I saw the price compared to others. Rides just as good, if not better than, stock.

Back