06 lbz injector questions

jacack

new to the forum and could use some help,

bought my 2500hd in jan of 06 and love it but in the summer of 06 I took a trip towing around 6000lbs of trailer and got a load of really bad fuel in iowa( tons of rust and dirt) within miles of the station it started to miss bad and surge,made it where i was going but could barely run 55mph and the truck was missing bad. took it to dealer they drained the tank and showed me the unreal amount of seidment and rust and told me they ran a flow test and had 4 injectors that were fouled,they replaced them under warranty but wouldnt change any more. It seemed to run ok so I took the truck home and have had it in and out of the dealer atleast 6 or 7 times now because it just doesnt run smooth anymore and seems louder and less mpgs. I have taken it to more than one dealer and nobody will change them out except at my cost( and I agree its wasnt gms fault).

so now I just cant stand it anymore and want to go ahead and change them all out and wanted to know if someone makes a better than the stock ones and maybe not the 460$ each my dealer wants.

I dont race the truck but do tow alot and have a superchip tunner and 5 inch mrbp exhaust and yes I have added a seperate fuel filter (nicktane)

any info would help

thanks
Jared

No, the Bosch injectors are the best, and the LBZ are the best of the Dmax injectors.

If your balance rates and return rates are OK, you need to look elsewhere for the problem.

Normally a tank of bad fuel won't affect these injectors. Odd. And GM is actually being pretty cool to you since most car mfr's won't warranty bad fuel damage. It is supposed to be covered by the station or perhaps your auto insurance.

yes I agree the dealer was one of the best I have ever worked with but he is in south dakota and I live in va,he had told me he would of changed all of them but he only hade 4 in stock this guy was so nice he even stayed 2 hrs late on a friday to work on it and get me back on the road.

my only question is how is it possible that only 4 of 8 injectors ended up screwed up when the fuel was so dirty( and when I mean dirty I mean dirty,they show me about 2 gallons of what was in the tank in a five gallon bucket and the bottom was completly covered with crud and rust.

so if the stock injectors are good is there somewhere to buy them and not pay 460 each?

forgive my ignorance but is there a way I can check my balance rates without going to the dealer? my local dealer just doesnt want to help because the truck is lifted and has exhaust.
thanks
Jared

or maybe someone can point me to a decent shop in the southwest virginia east tn area

A PPE tuner, a Predator tuner, or EFILive can check balance rates. If a friend has one, use it. Or try to find a used one on Ebay.

Balance should be <=4mm if I remember right.

McRat said:
A PPE tuner, a Predator tuner, or EFILive can check balance rates. If a friend has one, use it. Or try to find a used one on Ebay.

Balance should be <=4mm if I remember right.
Preferably closer to 0 the better but within +4 to -4 is spec in P/N

thanks for the info,I think I will just buy a tuner as I really havent been happy with the superchip,
think I will look for a ppe but open to suggestions

thanks
Jared

PPE makes an awesome programmer if you just want to pick a setting and go. If your ever wanting to go faster or get more in depth though I would say pick up an EFI Live from Pat.

Back