Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Starting Line > Competition Vehicle Build Tech > Turbo/Super Charger Tech
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2019, 10:36 PM   #1
megastang

Name: megastang
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Modding a HX82 turbine housing?

Am I correct that the CM on holset housings is the area of the opening in the housing at the inducer of the turbine? Is there anything keeping someone from opening that up if needed?

Old 03-14-2019, 07:44 AM   #2
zfaylor

Name: zfaylor
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
The entire housing is sized different

North American Turbo

Old 03-14-2019, 09:47 AM   #3
thinair

Name: thinair
Title: Not Enough time
Member`s Gallery
What size housing are you looking for? I know Apex Diesel had a few for sale. CDS, Harts, Keating and Wimer all deal with these big Holsets and should have exhaust housings available.

94 12v. NV4500 Valair twin disc, Seth stage 4, DDP 5x14, 024 dv. Fass 260. T4 ATS. 362sxe. 150 ii springs.

2012 3500 CCSB. Thuren 2.5 kings, DT Profab radius arms. Carli LT Airbags/Sway Bar

Old 03-14-2019, 11:09 AM   #4
megastang

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinair View Post
What size housing are you looking for? I know Apex Diesel had a few for sale. CDS, Harts, Keating and Wimer all deal with these big Holsets and should have exhaust housings available.
The worst part is I have no idea what housing I will need. I would like a divided housing. My wheel is a G trim. I hear that there are some in the 40cm range but I have no idea what will work so I really don't want to spend an arm and a leg for a bunch of housings I won't use. I'm looking for some Airesearch housings. I have one coming but it's a 1.70 I am almost certain that this will be too big but at $75 for the whole turbo I figure that it gives me a housing to practice on.

Old 03-14-2019, 12:38 PM   #5
TheHammer

Name: TheHammer
Title: broke
Member`s Gallery
In order for a handful of individuals on here to shed their knowledge and possibly help you answer your questions. They are going to need to know what it is you have, what you are building and what it is you are planning on doing with what it is you have.

Old 03-14-2019, 01:22 PM   #6
megastang

Member`s Gallery
I'm building a Series 60 engine for my pulling truck. Max rpm will be 3500. I'm hoping that I can make this HX82 work. As I said before it's a G trim with a compressor that's like 105x 151.

Old 03-14-2019, 01:50 PM   #7
megastang

Member`s Gallery
It's a 14 liter

Closed Thread