Performax Fuel Pressure

riggz

Night Train
Recently my fuel pressure gauge has been pegged at 100 (max on the gauge). It shoots up to 100 as soon as the key is turned to the ON position and stays there for starting, and all throttle positions. I'm guessing it's the sender that has shorted out. Any way to test it? If it's bad, how do I go about getting a replacement?

Atleast Im not the only one having issues. All 4 of mine are screwed...FP at 60 (maxed), trans at 190 even when cold, pyro at 1600, RP at 26k.

I asked Michael Pliska about it, and he said he'd send a new ESP. Hopefully that fixes it.

riggz,
Can you please run the following test:
Remove the green fuel pressure sensor wire from the ESP (Black connector pin #6), and measure its voltage with respect to vehicle ground, while the power to the ESP is turned on. It should be between 0.5 volts and 4.5 volts, with 0 psi = 0.5 volts and 100 psi = 4.5 volts. Please let me know what you find.

'strokethis07 - your replacement ESP should be on its way.

I am out of the office this week (working on my race car and helping my best friend deal with his mom's belongings), but will check messsages periodically.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

riggz,
Can you please run the following test:
Remove the green fuel pressure sensor wire from the ESP (Black connector pin #6), and measure its voltage with respect to vehicle ground, while the power to the ESP is turned on. It should be between 0.5 volts and 4.5 volts, with 0 psi = 0.5 volts and 100 psi = 4.5 volts. Please let me know what you find.

'strokethis07 - your replacement ESP should be on its way.

I am out of the office this week (working on my race car and helping my best friend deal with his mom's belongings), but will check messsages periodically.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Michael, it shows 5.0v immediately when powered on and then slowly drops to around 4.5v

PM inbox cleared! Please PM me your mailing address and we will get a replacement out to you.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Back