Broke chevy with 2000 miles

does that fact that onstar can see all of this stuff not scare you guys? Sure gives me the jitters..... Kinda like big brother watching over you....

BFD99 said:
does that fact that onstar can see all of this stuff not scare you guys? Sure gives me the jitters..... Kinda like big brother watching over you....

True, even scarier is the fact that they know where you are and how fast you are going at any given moment. I m waiting for the police to surround a Dragstrip because of repeated unlawful speeds.:hehe: :hehe:

BFD99 said:
why would I care? Not like I'm doing anything I shouldn't..

How are people liking these new trucks? A friend of mine is thinking of dropping his 06 Dodge for a new Chevy. It'd be a little less then his payoff on the Dodge. Plus it's loaded with a bit more, they still drive/ride/steer better then the Dodges. I told him I'd do it if I were him. He's just a little worried about pulling power (Only has to tow 6k) without having to run higher RPM's. And longevity (He doesn't beat on his tow rig all that hard). So do any of you DMAX guys have any input?

I've had mine for about 2 1/2 months. Absolutely love it. Of course I don't have another diesel to compare it to. I have just over 5k on it with zero problems or rattles. I haven't even had a message saying that I need to clean the exhaust filter. So far, so good.

*crosses fingers*

duramaxin14 said:
As soon as people can figure out there way around the dpf filter everyone is going to staright pipe them anyways

I dont know which trucks this can be done with, maybe all. I have a friend with an 08 D-max and he took out the dpf and blocked the code with his EFI Live and has had no problems.

Well, On-Star is cool but can be annoying. I keep getting an automated phone call saying "error 2 exists. error 3 exists. Please confirm." On Star has never heard of it. Dealer has never heard of it. May have to change the phone number to the truck if this keeps going on.

Other than that, this LMM is awesome. :rockwoot:

BgBlDodge said:
I don't think he was. I personally can't stand the way the new chevy and ford exhaust tips look. Why on earth don't they just have a nice, normal exhaust system on them?.....

Even though the chevy/GMC are my favorite trucks, their exhaust is the ugliest..IMHO

They all have inter cooled tips so when the dpf's are in regeneration mode, the exhaust gas is cooled to a normal temp before it exits the tailpipe.

New to this site I sold my 01 cummins for an 07 LMM And after a month an 3000 miles went to drive after a few days and the truck was dead nopower at all after geting the batteries charged and the truck started the check engine light was on and onstar said it was a problem with the glow plugs took it to the dealer and GM Had them reflase the computer and seems to be ok any body else had any problems yet?

rolled 2000 miles today. My 08 LMM will be 3 weeks old tommorrow and picked it up with 6 miles on it.

No problems....got 17.6mpg today and thats the same tank that had a regen! it was around 15.3mpg when i was leaving Dallas after driving in town.....was 14.8mpg under regen on the highway but back to 17.6mpg when i got home. Yes, these numbers are off the DIC but it has proved to be within .2mpg on all previous tanks.

Lovin every minute of it

I have had the same problem with my '07 3500. Onstar told me it was a problem with the air intake and it was OK to drive it @ 20 mph. It has happened 5X now. The first time I got it to a dealer and they changed the MAF sensor (@8K miles on truck). The last 4X was hauling horses back from Denver; I found out that unpluging the MAF resets the computer so the truck will perform back to normal. The truck now has 12K miles on it and the dealer has no idea what to do with this intermittent problem.

Back