8.3L Cummins Transplant

Probably bypassed so they didn't have to pump it 60 times when they ran it out of fuel.

If you're looking for 250hp, don't worry about the fuel system. We run them just like that over 300hp in combines and don't have any problems.
Chris

Main thing on an 8.3 is RPM.

Really don't want them over 2600RPm or so without having some valvetrain problems.

We stay around 2450 in combines and have ZERO issues short of a head gasket every now and again.
Chris

Jory, I say you try to rev it out to 4k. Be a trend setter.

No no no no. I want to approach the limit of reliability with performance without going over....unlike some of my friends. It is just going to be nice to work on a motor in the shop on a stand and not upside down in a truck for once in my life. LOL

No no no no. I want to approach the limit of reliability with performance without going over....unlike some of my friends. It is just going to be nice to work on a motor in the shop on a stand and not upside down in a truck for once in my life. LOL

Smart. That engine will have more power on its worst day than that 8.2 had running downhill on ether. LOL

Smart. That engine will have more power on its worst day than that 8.2 had running downhill on ether. LOL

I'm thinking of pawning off the accessories on the 8.2 or donating them to those who can use them on the forum and using the block as a welding table with a piece of plate welded to the top of it.....or an 8 room fish hatchery at the bottom of the pond.

Scrap prices are going up, engine has to way atleast a half a ton that 100 bucks, can buy alot of beer with that money.

Scrap prices are going up, engine has to way atleast a half a ton that 100 bucks, can buy alot of beer with that money.

Funny how this entire thing started when I backed it out of the barn to load it with scrap cast and misc junk from around the place to haul to the recycler for cash. The power steering pump was out. Then I started it again to move into the shop for disassembly and the motor blew. Funny how the power plant will most likely end up in the bed of it the next time she moves under her own power bound to the same destination. LOL Ironic how the Lord points us in the direction of real engines when we are not expecting it. Craigslist pops with an engine up for a great price 45 minutes away. My forum friends have parts and knowledge. I don't have to make mounting brackets for the air pump and mess with pulleys and belts. I don't have to find some 30 year old obsolete power steering pump. I guess I'm just the blind sow that found the acorn this year. I guess after years of trying to pay forward as much as I can it has come full circle. It's a great feeling. I'm very blessed to have several of you all as friends. The others...well, I guess I'm blessed to have you all too. :hehe:

:thankyou2:

Don't give that away if you need a different size. Unless it's to me or Chris. Lol

Do you know what size your transmission is?

You guys have dibs. :D

No idea yet.

May need to swap pumps with someone.

RSV 425-1100

2200 rpm's...really? My lawnmower turns faster than that. LOL

So does the RSV not have the AFC inside like the RQV does? It has a boost line going into the top so I'm confused. This shop manual says the "RQV features air fuel control" but it doesn't say the RSV doesn't.

attachment.php

attachment.php

My apologies for all the rookie questions....but there is only one page in this manual under "electrical" and it shows how to spin the alternator with your hand to make sure it is good. That's why I'm so lost. LOL

Attachments

• IMG_5124.jpg
    IMG_5124.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5123.jpg
    IMG_5123.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
....but there is only one page in this manual under "electrical" and it shows how to spin the alternator with your hand to make sure it is good. That's why I'm so lost. LOL

That's funny. Are we sure that pump is P7100? It may be a P3000. We should start with the number from the tag on the pump body. Right on the side.

I'm not sure of schidt at this point. LOL This manual only shows PES6A and PES6WM in it. I have no idea what a PES6P is. Case built mofo. Brad says it an 11mm. That is all I know currently other than it is governed to 2/3's what it should be.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_5091[1].jpg
    IMG_5091[1].jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
The entire electrical section.....and it doesn't even show a wire. :hehe:

attachment.php

Attachments

• Electrical.jpg
    Electrical.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 0
P3000 with AFC. I'm going to research and report in PM so as not to clutter this thread.

Back