DI Brings You The Hellmann Fuel Sump Group Buy!!

Damn I am about to put an airdog in my rig this looks alot nicer then there drawstraw.. I wish I diddnt have to spend the rest of my money on a p pump! someone put an ag pump on my truck before I bought it and it runs like absolute dog sh*t

I have the drawstraw kit and as soon as I get a 1/8th below a half tank I start to get air in the pump. Basically that was a waste and I see no where a guy can go wrong with this upgrade. the only thing that kind of bothers me is something hitting it.

I dont really see it as much of a problem but, it is something I do think about in the back of my head. Regardless, I will be buying one and if it bothers me too much Ill just make a skid plate.

The sump is probably stronger than the tank for the most part. Once you hit that sump hard enough to bust it off, you've probably got worse to worry about. The only think to really worry about is the hose. If I was worried I would just use some braided stainless up to the frame rail or pump and keep the hose up tight against the tank.

Looks like Monday we'll be getting everythin set up.

I wanna hear from ANYone thats had somehing Hit their sump and what happened???
Swole I put one on my 99 last month and it's my dd and work/hunting truck. Ended up going on a pig hunt and on a trail i smacked it on a rock on a trail to where we were going. Took about 3/8 of a gash out of the very bottom but it was all super fishial. No leaks what so ever. Really nice made piece and it actually seals very well with the gasket provided with it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Ive been runnin one for over 2 years and no problems to date ! My truck is all over construction sites ,dump grounds and deer lease etc.
hallmansump004.jpg

Awesome piece!

It is an illegal set up according to Federal law. The law states all tank penetrations must enter from the top so if they are broken off the tank can not self drain. A friend of mine got nailed on his yearly Virginia inspection a few years ago for a bulkhead fitting set up. He took it to another inspection shop and passed but it is in fact not a street legal set up.

I wasnt to concerned about damaging the piece its self but, more the fact of catching it on something and tearing a hole in the tank or flat out ripping it off because it hangs out.

Either way Im good to go and ready to drop this tank yet once again for the umpteenth time.

I really don't know man. If your truck is drawing air from the pick-up somehow. Then I would say yes, but there are so many variable. I don't like to guarantee something like that.

Back