IMG_20240216_170509_HDR.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240216_170506_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240216_170506_HDR.jpg
    418.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240216_170455_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240216_170455_HDR.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 0
Looks like your moving right along. I'll be honest, having a hood that's going to stick up that high would drive me crazy! But what matters most is that YOU like it.

Nice use of duct work for your air intake. Looks like it makes for a great transition. Almost like a velocity stake. ��

Dude on this forum had a two story cowl induction hood. It would cover that engine easy.

You know a name? Id be interested depending on what it can fit and what not. Ill shoot him message and see what he can tell me about it.

Hood height doesn't bother too much, i have a history of cutting up hoods to make things that dont belong fit. This is the most amount of technology I've ever used in a swap before, kinda second guessing the 4r100. If i blow the thing, ill see what carson stauffer can do for me about getting a zf6

More Notes:
Figured out the 6.0 accelerator pedal wont work with the Quick2. Its needs the standard 5v reference, signal and ground. The way the 6.0 pedals work uses multiple reference stages. So, gotta order/ find a pedal for a 7.3.

As for everything else, truck is ready to drive. Does good on a basic road test, ill get tires, lights and everything else needed to make it road worthy.

I used an F750 pedal with a Williams controls 5V apps. It has dual sweeps for validation. Not sure if it would be useful for you or not.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

I used an F750 pedal with a Williams controls 5V apps. It has dual sweeps for validation. Not sure if it would be useful for you or not.

Could you explain more? Dont the 750s use the same equipment as a 2 or 350? From what im seeing online i could make some of those pedals work

A built 4R100 will hold more power than ZF6 could ever dream of in a working environment.

Well, mine is in for the long haul then. I had the trans built for my original plan of running compounds, billet converter, input and output shafts, john wood valve body, all the goodies and ect. Gives room for if i go wild with it :ft:

You know a name? Id be interested depending on what it can fit and what not. Ill shoot him message and see what he can tell me about it.

Hood height doesn't bother too much, i have a history of cutting up hoods to make things that dont belong fit. This is the most amount of technology I've ever used in a swap before, kinda second guessing the 4r100. If i blow the thing, ill see what carson stauffer can do for me about getting a zf6

More Notes:
Figured out the 6.0 accelerator pedal wont work with the Quick2. Its needs the standard 5v reference, signal and ground. The way the 6.0 pedals work uses multiple reference stages. So, gotta order/ find a pedal for a 7.3.

As for everything else, truck is ready to drive. Does good on a basic road test, ill get tires, lights and everything else needed to make it road worthy.

It was a dodge he had the hood on and I was just cuttin up. I think it really was two hoods kind of welded into one. I don’t think the ford hood has enough height to do the same.

Need a little help

So, i got the truck driving around last night. Ive been doing to putting around. Issue i think i running into is im not building any boost. Highest number ive seen on the gauge is 7psi. Afc controller doesn't seem to make any differences, zero smoke, not powerful but not slow. I dont think i have any boost leaks. Ive taken apart the afc housing, not looks out of place or broke, foot is a little hard to move.
Am i just not pushing enough fuel to spin the 363?

Information:
S363 turbo
160hp p-pump, no additional fuel upgrades
Just 5k gov springs, 21mm rack plug and a PDD AFC live controller
Stock injectors

So, i got the truck driving around last night. Ive been doing to putting around. Issue i think i running into is im not building any boost. Highest number ive seen on the gauge is 7psi. Afc controller doesn't seem to make any differences, zero smoke, not powerful but not slow. I dont think i have any boost leaks. Ive taken apart the afc housing, not looks out of place or broke, foot is a little hard to move.

Am i just not pushing enough fuel to spin the 363?

Information:

S363 turbo

160hp p-pump, no additional fuel upgrades

Just 5k gov springs, 21mm rack plug and a PDD AFC live controller

Stock injectors
Any idea on timing?

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

Apon further thought and inspection, i think my turbo might be bad. Im going to pressurize the charged air system and test for leaks. If nothing is found, im going to pull the turbo and inspect. When i was working on the exhaust couple months back, i noticed a little oil from the exhaust housing and didn't think anything of it but now its in my head so im relooking in the morning. Already have a rebuild kit priced out, if i notice and issue with the turbo, ill pull it apart and make sure the case isnt cracked

Last edited:
Update fixed

Went through everything. I cleaned, flushed and water tested the intercooler, everything checked out fine. I pull the turbo, no noticable excessive oil leak. Compressor housing was a little dirty, not worry some though. Pulled the turbo apart, checked all the seals and rings, nothing bad at all. Ended up pulling apart the AFC housing again, i noticed the foot was sticking when i tried to give it a range test. When the pressure was released the foot wasn't returning fully and was crunchy when hand actuated.

Pulled the afc apart, sanded the rods, brass brush honed the bores and greased up everything. Instantly noticeable how cleared up everything was, boost builds quick, response is better. I have a power driven foot and i also noticed the ends of the bored were sharp, so i chamfered the edges and filled the lip of the rods it rides on too.

Question for anyone, does the cummins 12v exhaust mainfold fit a dt360? Im thinking about get manifold the brings the turbo more forward, i wanna make it more easily serviceable. Or if anyone is will to measure a cummins manifold for the center to center of the bolt holes, that would be much appreciated.

Went through everything. I cleaned, flushed and water tested the intercooler, everything checked out fine. I pull the turbo, no noticable excessive oil leak. Compressor housing was a little dirty, not worry some though. Pulled the turbo apart, checked all the seals and rings, nothing bad at all. Ended up pulling apart the AFC housing again, i noticed the foot was sticking when i tried to give it a range test. When the pressure was released the foot wasn't returning fully and was crunchy when hand actuated.

Pulled the afc apart, sanded the rods, brass brush honed the bores and greased up everything. Instantly noticeable how cleared up everything was, boost builds quick, response is better. I have a power driven foot and i also noticed the ends of the bored were sharp, so i chamfered the edges and filled the lip of the rods it rides on too.

Question for anyone, does the cummins 12v exhaust mainfold fit a dt360? Im thinking about get manifold the brings the turbo more forward, i wanna make it more easily serviceable. Or if anyone is will to measure a cummins manifold for the center to center of the bolt holes, that would be much appreciated.

I can get a measurement for you tomorrow. You want from center of exhaust port to center of exhaust port?

I measured 4 n 11/16 I believe. I think it's millimeters but didn't have my metric tape with me. That was bolt hole to bolt hole

Back