33x15.50 Dick Cepek

01PPUMP

I have 33x12.50s truxus now all the way around with dually rear, thinking about running some 33x15.50 mudd countrys on the rear as a single rear good or bad?

I think there can be an advantage. My 15.5 are W I D E !!!!!!! Im only running a 10" wide rim and it sucks the tire in pretty good. IMO I think with a 12 or 14" wide rim you can get a better foot print than having to be stuck with a 7" wide DRW rims!!!

Just for refference, these are mine, allbeit on 10" rims. Im sure the would widen out quite a bit with a wider rim!! These are 36's..but I dont think the widtj would change much.

IMG_2435.jpg

Kevin... I knew you would come around to my way of thinking!!! Plus you have the power to turn them more so than i did!!

Kevin I like mt mtz's on a loose or wet track but the duals on a hard packed track. Seems like the duals don't bite in as bad. Ben power yes but torque I don't know about that.

Have you called to see if they are in stock? I tried to order some about 2 months ago from Four wheel parts, i did the order online, and like 3 days later they called, and told me that they (Mickey Thompson) Discontinued them about 8 months ago because they werent popular enough.

I think you should stick with the dual sts's in the back and stick the wide mud countrys in the front. That is what I was going to do but they don't make anything much wider than the sts's in a 17. They don't make the 15.5 mtzs any more. That is what I was going to run on the front of mine and keep the sts's in the back. I know the radial sts's are wider and keep a flatter foot print than the bias ply. I don't know which you have but even pinched in on a 6 inch dually wheel the radial sts's are pretty flat even with 60lbs. of air.

Yeah these are monsters and to tell you the truth I'm a little scared of them, remember I still have OEM driveline. Ron that is exactly what I was thinking.
Cory how do you think the track will be in rogersville are they bringing in the dirt?

Yeah these are monsters and to tell you the truth I'm a little scared of them, remember I still have OEM driveline. Ron that is exactly what I was thinking.
Cory how do you think the track will be in rogersville are they bringing in the dirt?
couldnt tell ya kevin

Mitch told me last year they had hauled in sifted clay and made it really nice. With all the rain and if its clay it should bite hard.

hey ive got 2 tires and wheels that just sit in the shed cuz i no longer need them. they are the 33/15.5/18 fun country 2s on micky thompson polished dc-1s. I had them on the front and didnt work out for me last year. ill get rid of them

I was told, they started produce them 15.50 wides again cause they grew popularity as they discontinued them.

thats what i wanted to run but i couldnt find the 15.50's anywhere. i was old there were discontinued so i just went with the cooper stt in a 13.50

I think there can be an advantage. My 15.5 are W I D E !!!!!!! Im only running a 10" wide rim and it sucks the tire in pretty good. IMO I think with a 12 or 14" wide rim you can get a better foot print than having to be stuck with a 7" wide DRW rims!!!

Just for refference, these are mine, allbeit on 10" rims. Im sure the would widen out quite a bit with a wider rim!! These are 36's..but I dont think the widtj would change much.

IMG_2435.jpg

FOLD YOUR MIRRORS DOWN :bang

Back