Looking for a 8000, 8600, 9000, 9600 with a good motor

Bersaglieri

Ron Swanson's Brother
Yup it's a spin off thread, Meyers isn't the only guy looking for a older tractor, only my soft spot is for the blue stuff. However I need mine to be in good condition, good motor, rubber, field ready. Let me know if you guys see anything that isn't on Tractor House or Fastline.

Ford 8000, 8600, 9000, or 9600.

Also looking for a 7000, 7600, 6600, 5000, and 5600 sized tractor.

Mostly Red or Green in my area. Might want to check out Big Iron to see what is being sold local to you. Good luck!

Next time I see the places I think have those tractors I'll be sure to give you a call. Just haven't been out that way lately.

Big Iron looks like it's mostly plains and west area auctions, is that what you're referring to?

Last edited:
That one is priced well, but has 18.4x34 instead of 38's. Seems those 34" tires cost more than the 38's and always make them sag in the rear. Good find though, I've been talking to him about it.

Should be able to find one of them fairly cheap. Not usually in rear high demand. I'll keep an eye out.

Thanks guys and Meyers.

That 9000 in Indiana, what cab is that? Cozy cab?

Can anyone give me the significant differences between the 8000/9000 series and the 8600/9600 series? A local guy has a 9600 for sale and he cites that it is 'far better' than the older 9000, and hence warrants his higher asking price. Other than updated power steering I can't find anything specific that makes them worth a whole lot more.

Last edited:
That one had tires that are splitting apart on the sidewall to the point that they wobble. Starts right up though. Also needs a cab kit, all the.windows rattle and rock. No front or rear weights .

Back