truck not starting and lots of codes...

1lowdiesel

i hate posting stuff like this because it pisses me off that i can't figure it out. so last week i was having a hard time starting my truck. i was throwing a p0088 and p0650 codes.

upon cranking the truck there would be quite a bit of white smoke. then it would start for a sec then die, then start for a sec then die. it would keep doing this till the batteries get low. it would take at least 10-20 cranks to start then die.

so after checking out the p0088 code i tried to tap the reg to maybe free it up. it didn't work at first but about 10min later after trying to start it then letting the batteries charge back up it started and stayed running.

so i let it run for about 2.5hrs. i get back to the shop, shut it off, let it sit for 30min, go to start it with the key and it fires right up numerous times. i'm thinking sweet. NOT!

before i go to leave about an hour later i try to start it again and nothing.

i'm also getting a 484d code now constantly along with the p0650. i don't have the 0088 code anymore though. i wrote down about 15 codes the PPE gave me but i left them at the shop.

this is driving me nuts. i managed to get the truck started the other day, drove it around for 15min and the speedo and tach weren't working along with the cel and other lights. i kept trying to clear the code and finally it did and everything started working again. i shut the truck off and it started back up with the key.

well, let the truck sit over night and the same **** all over again.

i did try a different programmer and it seems that it's not seeing the key being turned on.

i've already had it back to the dealer for the key thing and they "fixed it" but obviously not.

at this point i'm ready to burn this damn thing.

anyone have any clue as to what it could be. i've also load tested the batteries and they are good.

thanks in advance
kyle

What was the deal with the programer not seein the key turned of.. Mine does that, you know what the problem is?

i think it's an ign switch issue or a ground. i had brought it to the dealer about a year about b/c it wasn't starting with the key. they changed the ign switch and did something in the fuse box. it worked for a while then went back to doing the same thing.

ok so i'm at my wits end with this POS. So i let the truck sit right, i get in it for the past few mornings and it starts right up. last night i start it up and let it run for 15 min. Come back out, shut it off, then try and start it back up and no good. P0650 code like usual. This morning i come out and it starts right up. Lots of smoke on cranking but it clears up once it starts.

Any one have any ideas at all?

Back