Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Starting Line > Sled Pulling
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Sled Pulling From Street to Pro-Mod, get your Sled Pulling fix here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 08:11 AM   #21
2Tone12V

Name: 2Tone12V
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by roachie View Post
Im sorry to be "that guy" on this thread. That truck looks like ass to me. I would a have done every thing possible to get that thing back down with that tilt body.

Though he ran SS?
Well I think its something different and its pretty sweet. Looks much better in person after you see it a couple times. Its a one of a kind. Nice try you have Wes.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:21 AM   #22
98xtremcummins

Name: 98xtremcummins
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tone12V View Post
Thats exactly what I was thinking. Thats one hell of a running truck. They did a great job. Hats off to them for stepping up and competing in the SS class and keeping up. Smokin I think you need to go to some more pulls or read the magazine and forums more. Its no secret that truck is a damn good truck. And it DOES compete with the best of them at the biggest events.
I know Wes pretty good. It is ONE HELL of a truck. He's only about 45 mins away from me. They know their dmax's. I'm a die hard dodge cummins guy but my hats off to any one that steps up the game and can build that kinda of truck. I do agree it is tall, but it is still one bad a$$$ truck.

Old 03-05-2009, 11:41 AM   #23
LB7 heaven

Name: LB7 heaven
Title: More truck parts!
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin06 View Post
yeah and not really that impressive no wheel speed, if i had that much money in something like that it would definitely run allot better than that.
You dont have a clue... do some research before you talk sh!t about somebody.

Danville Performance
Socal Diesel
Total Access Diesel

2008 GMC 3500HD LMM tow rig

Old 03-05-2009, 11:54 AM   #24
RyanB

Name: RyanB
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenKrueger View Post
I'm guessing you werent at dhra nationals in indy?
Yeah, he pulled just ahead of me in Indy...I personally thought my truck was tall untill I was parked beside his!!!! Nice truck and well built...personally though and not to cut up his work...I would have tried to engineer the tilt body mechanism to have the body sit down lower. I built a older style Super Stock Gasser with a tilt body back in 2001 and it took 2 tries to get it sitting right....alot of work but well worth it.

RyanB

Old 03-05-2009, 06:49 PM   #25
plowman61

Name: plowman61
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB82789 View Post
It's all about who can pull the bigger dozer
Looks like a loader to me not a dozer.

Old 03-05-2009, 07:11 PM   #26
BluegrassDiesel

Name: BluegrassDiesel
Title: UK2K!
Member`s Gallery
The truck runs very good from what I have seen. Just not particulary crazy about the lift on it is all.

SHOP ONLINE @ http://WWW.SHOPBLUEGRASS.COM

97 DodgePPL Limited Pro Stock "The Crippler"
09 3500 GMC CCDually
05 Silverado SS

Old 03-05-2009, 10:29 PM   #27
BTO86

Name: BTO86
Title: HDDP
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
yeah and not really that impressive no wheel speed, if i had that much money in something like that it would definitely run allot better than that.
Yeah, because i'm sure he would want to spend all the time and money with making it a mod and not make it run worth a sh@!. That video doesn't do justice for this truck at all because it DOES run very well.

Old 03-05-2009, 11:02 PM   #28
Bosshawg600

Name: Bosshawg600
Title: PDP.com FireFighter
Member`s Gallery
I do believe that video is from when they just finished it up. Rumor has it that it is running WAY better than it was all last year..........

Old 03-05-2009, 11:15 PM   #29
DieselWrencher

Name: DieselWrencher
Title: 6cyl Vette
Member`s Gallery
It definitely runs hard. If I remember correctly it doesn't have a stock frame either. It is bad a**. Period.
1972 K30 Longhorn P-Pumped 24v 47RH Compounds

Old 03-06-2009, 06:04 AM   #30
smokin06

Name: smokin06
Member`s Gallery
well it may run good but from the video i saw right there it did tn run worth a crap so if your gonna come on here and give me hell give us a video of what it can do, dont post up a video and say hey this is one bad ass truck and put a video up of it barely making it down the track with NO wheel speed, i dont doubt it does run good, but until you post a video of it running good i still think its Overrated prove me wrong unitl then shut up. end of story.

Old 03-06-2009, 06:35 AM   #31
JOHNBOY

Name: JOHNBOY
Title: ZF6 Sled Puller
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
well it may run good but from the video i saw right there it did tn run worth a crap so if your gonna come on here and give me hell give us a video of what it can do, dont post up a video and say hey this is one bad ass truck and put a video up of it barely making it down the track with NO wheel speed, i dont doubt it does run good, but until you post a video of it running good i still think its Overrated prove me wrong unitl then shut up. end of story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFbt3cYE1-M
Originally Posted by Gale Banks
My answer to the guys with nitrous........Get a better job........make some more money so you can learn to turbocharge!

Old 03-06-2009, 08:22 AM   #32
SmokeShow

Name: SmokeShow
Member`s Gallery
another... this one is in 09...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cxJ09KPWFY

Do you realize that the truck you are referring to as junk is probably the top pulling duramax in the country at the time and probably top 5 in his class in the country?

As for the video you are talking about with him pulling that piece of equipment. You have absolutely ZERO basis to say if that is a good hook or not. Is it slow? yeah. But, since this was done as a test hook at his own place shortly after building the truck, no other trucks hooked to that load to compare how stout of pull that was. So how do you know any other truck anywhere could have done any better hooked to that load that day??? You don't even have to answer. The correct answer is you can't. You can ASSUME some other truck may have been able to do better but you really don't know so you have no basis whatsoever to say that was a weak hook.

Since you continue to bring up speed. Have you never seen the older style of transfer sleds that are slow pulling unlike the modern sleds that allow for a greater ground speed but hit hard at the end? Not all sleds or pulls will have high ground speed. There are lots of factors in that but one is the sled type itself.

So at this point in the discussion I'm curious. Where are you from? How many sled pulls have you attended? Have you ever been to a pull where Wes' truck(s) hooked?

IG: @_mitch_ratliff_

'14 Ford F150 FX4 SuperCrew, w/ 3.5L EcoBoost, bone stock

83 GMC K30 CC SB 4WD awaiting D/A chassis swap

Last edited by SmokeShow; 03-06-2009 at 08:36 AM.

Old 03-06-2009, 10:11 AM   #33
smokin06

Member`s Gallery
no i havent been where he hooked and frankly i dont want to and i could give a **** less about his truck, its my opinion and if i am not impressed (which i am not) then i dont have to be, as far as pulls yes i have been in over competed in over 200 hooks, and been pulling for 25+ years not all diesel but i can tell you i have hooked to every type sled there is, and yes i have won allot, you duramax guys talk **** just like the guys from around chillicothe, cant remember their names they came in our area and got their ass handed to them. I am entitled to my own opinion so get over it.

Old 03-06-2009, 12:02 PM   #34
2Tone12V

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
no i havent been where he hooked and frankly i dont want to and i could give a **** less about his truck, its my opinion and if i am not impressed (which i am not) then i dont have to be, as far as pulls yes i have been in over competed in over 200 hooks, and been pulling for 25+ years not all diesel but i can tell you i have hooked to every type sled there is, and yes i have won allot, you duramax guys talk **** just like the guys from around chillicothe, cant remember their names they came in our area and got their ass handed to them. I am entitled to my own opinion so get over it.

Pulling kids behind your truck on a "sled" is technically a sled pull. BUT... Your not in the caliber of him or anywhere close. Just a shot in the dark on that one. But when it comes to a "Mans Sled pull" you 200+ hooks to the old chevy truck hood in the winter snow doesnt count. I dont think the video was put up to show how bad a$$ it was. Simply showing how the dedicated guys do to get there trucks dialed in. I dont think he was meaning to blow the tires off and pull that thing up town. Simple testing is all. Get a clue dude before you open your mouth.

Old 03-06-2009, 12:20 PM   #35
Ragged Edge

Name: Ragged Edge
Title: TRUCK PULLER
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Pulling kids behind your truck on a "sled" is technically a sled pull. BUT... Your not in the caliber of him or anywhere close. Just a shot in the dark on that one. But when it comes to a "Mans Sled pull" you 200+ hooks to the old chevy truck hood in the winter snow doesnt count. I dont think the video was put up to show how bad a$$ it was. Simply showing how the dedicated guys do to get there trucks dialed in. I dont think he was meaning to blow the tires off and pull that thing up town. Simple testing is all. Get a clue dude before you open your mouth.
Not starting anything but do you have a vid of your truck just wanting to see it?

Old 03-06-2009, 12:37 PM   #36
LB7 heaven

Name: LB7 heaven
Title: More truck parts!
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Well said.

Danville Performance
Socal Diesel
Total Access Diesel

2008 GMC 3500HD LMM tow rig

Old 03-06-2009, 01:00 PM   #37
2Tone12V

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragged Edge View Post
Not starting anything but do you have a vid of your truck just wanting to see it?
New truck or last years truck??

Old 03-06-2009, 02:31 PM   #38
smokin06

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *b dh*

Old 03-06-2009, 03:50 PM   #39
SmokeShow

Name: SmokeShow
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Humor me... what kind of hilljack logic are you using, besides ground speed, to draw your conclusion on how good or bad that truck is based on how it pulled that piece of equipment???

Let me guess... you don't have any and now are gonna talk a bunch of **** because you realize how stupid you look for talking down a top notch truck with no good reason to support your claim other than you don't like it because it's a duramax.

You're a bright one. I can see the light shining from here.

IG: @_mitch_ratliff_

'14 Ford F150 FX4 SuperCrew, w/ 3.5L EcoBoost, bone stock

83 GMC K30 CC SB 4WD awaiting D/A chassis swap

Old 03-06-2009, 04:41 PM   #40
Kman9090

Name: Kman9090
Member`s Gallery
So Smokin06 if you have won alot how come there is not a single puller in here that knows your name? You also don't know one of the top trucks in the country is? Your truck is no where near the caliber of that truck!

Gilmore Diesel Performance
Sponsored by D&B Performance and Fabrication

Closed Thread