575 HP stock motor LB7?

Thank you I see my search efforts weren't good enough I appreciate the help.

Sent from My phone while the Boss wasn't looking.

Good read but I'm talking stock turbo, sticks, cp3. With a built trans, lift pump, and studs can 575 be done?

Yes it can, close friend of mine did it. Dyno proven. 2001 lb7 all stock besides lift pump, built trans, and efi. It was a stout truck. He used to pull it, and there are several videos on YouTube I could probably find if you wanted.

you will not get a true 575 rwhp with the stock turbo unless you use a little spray. The injection system (if in good condition) can take you to 620ish rwhp. But the stock charger is good for about 530hp at the wheels.

Im just north of 600whp and have been for a while. There is quite a few stock bottom end dmax's running well over 600hp and i personally know a guy making over 700 at the wheels. But we are all playing with fire. The key to keeping a stock bottom end together in higher hp builds is in the tuning. Keep the torque out of the lower rpms and bring the power in up top.

Depends on the dyno and the operator of said dyno. Real world 500-540 is max. There are freaks out there, but everything has to be in great shape. As stated the stock charger is the limiter.

Thanks for the info guys, my friends truck has put down 550 a few times on the dyno and he has this idea that he wants to be the highest hp stock lb7 in the country that's why I was curious. It is a stout truck,he has pulled it all year in the 2.6 class and on occasion beat a truck or two.

FWIW my 01 has been sucking up a .120 jet of NOS on a stock charger and a max effort tune. 201k on the clock. Two seasons of pulling, still alive and well. I just split the line and ran two jets that amounted to .140 of flow and it put me ahead of a P-pumped 24v thats allegedly "well north of 800 horse" on the pulling track. So i must be pushing 850 right ? :hehe:

Of course, my opinion is that murphy's law probably has something to do with what HP level a stock short block comes apart at. If you owe more on the truck than its worth and need it to get to work everyday it will probably toss its cookies easier than If you have some bomb with a million miles that you continually abuse without any hope that it will hold together.

Im the said friend of CGD. my truck is a true freak, i need to find out if they did something odd to early dmaxs. all my production stickers are 9/00 and if memory serves me right they didnt start building then till 8/00. so id like to know what number motor built mine is. all thats dont to motor is head studs stock lly cp3. big head, rdl horn, afe tube, bd manifold. duramaxtuner does my tuning, couldnt be happier. i just made 540 on a super flo 2 weeks ago, but had a ses light on for something 4wd related and is currently at the trans driveline shop getting figured out.

i was told that 575 is not possible on a all stock parts, my big head is set to 35 psi and i smoke black really good so thinking i could go higher on the wastegate but my charger is old and abused and would like to not snap the shaft. although it would be a good reason to have to finally put my 2.6 charger in.

i was told that 575 is not possible on a all stock parts, my big head is set to 35 psi and i smoke black really good so thinking i could go higher on the wastegate but my charger is old and abused and would like to not snap the shaft. although it would be a good reason to have to finally put my 2.6 charger in.

that big heads does nothing for you

There's a guy on here that pulled for 2 seasons making north of 700 rwhp on a stock LB7 bottom end. Finally let go, but she hang in there.

My half blowed up lb7 just laid down 500/930 on a stock bottom end and stock fuel system with a 64/70 turbo and head studs. I cracked a piston a while back, cleaned up the hole and stuffed a used piston with used rings in it. It's a bit low on compression and has a knock coming from that hole.

Last edited:
Back