New injector pump

kc04

Welding my life away!!!
OK guys my buddy bought a new IP from thorough bred put it on the truck and it would idle nor make out of the drive way threw a 216 and had to argue with them to send it back and get it fixed. A week later pump shows up and this pump run OK and drove it approx 10 miles total. While driving it would do the typical bang and pop like bad IP. Now it throwing 216 again so has any body delt. With similar issues on a new pump. I bought one from them a year ago and over 5 months or so I went through 3 of there pumps. I know the pumps are coming from ii being that I had to ship 2 pumps back and my truck still ain't right but its my work truck. The truck that dealing with now is bone stock with brand new LP with 15lbs and a brand new tps from blue chip. The few miles the truck run it was fine. Sorry for the long post but this is bull ****! Seems that a 1k part would be a lil better than crap from auto zone.

Have you used a scanner to clear the code(s)? If yes, do the code(s) continue to come back? Also, is the VP44 key correctly installed in the keyway?

Yes we have been clearing codes with a reader. We sent pump back to thorough bred and they said pump was bad and sent money back and said sorry we can't help you. How chicken ****. Wasted 3 weeks with 2 pumps and then give refund and say sorry. I just need a pump that works. They also said that pump with no fp will cause a premature 216 code to show up. That's a first I've heard of that.the first wouldn't run and the 2nd run for 10min total with most of it idle time.

They said first pump rotor was jacked and same on second. Key way was in . Both pumps threw 216 almost immediately after start up. Clear the codes and an hr later start it again and same thing. That was the only code it would throw.

Back