1947 G John Deere

sweet my buddy has one i am tring to talk him in to punching it over 700 cubic inch but he wont

o well gs are sweet

sweet my buddy has one i am tring to talk him in to punching it over 700 cubic inch but he wont

o well gs are sweet

I met a guy that had one, and if I recall he had doubled the displacement, running almost twice the crank throw.

I know of quite a few of them that are in the 800 ish range....Pretty impressive. Take a deep pocket to build though...

I know of quite a few of them that are in the 800 ish range....Pretty impressive. Take a deep pocket to build though...

Yeah I pull against several of them ranging from 770 to 800+ with my 281ci 400 and I still beat them pretty often (though my TA helps a lot and I cammed the engine to lug). They do make good power, but with the money they spent on them they could have put together a #10,00 hot farm diesel tractor... Just rebuild it the way it is, take the compression up to 9.5:1 work on the heads a little and find a good shop to regrind the cam. Bullet Racing Cams is very reasonable on regrind prices and Sonny knows his stuff.

If you do decide to stroke it out be careful... One of the tractors around here didn't clearance things correctly and his crank came around and snapped his cam :doh:

You have to watch it when you go to bigger cubes and want to run more rpms that you will have to put braces on it to hold the crankcase from splitting in half.

My GF's brother has a JD70 that he is almost finished with. He found a powerblock for it and had pistons and rods made, as well as a stroker crank. He just started it a couple of weeks ago and painted it this past week. He is hoping to have it pulling by the weekend, but we'll see.

Back