cuts out and white smoke

blue2002

On a 2002 ho , 6 speed and 4x4

I recently installed a bd super single turbo with 5 exhaust. The injectors are factory, gen 2 air dog lift pump is sitting at 15 psi while rev.

it didn't do it start doing this until I upgraded to a used super single bd turbo.

It seems like its spooling at 1800 when I am rev the motor. So it blows out white smokes and cuts outs. this is when I have the truck in neutral.

The truck idles fine and starts up on the first crank.

:nail:

Last edited:
Try pulling off the air filter and then try it.. I might not change anything but it's worth the cheap try. I had an exhaust leak and a cheap dirty air filter and it would suck the filter in under load and almost kill the engine. I chased it forever for something so simple.

Does it have anything for a boost fooler on it??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don't have a air filter on it and the only two upgrades that's the air dog lift pump and turbo. But Ill check my boost leaks.

remind you this is in neutral with no load on the motor just reving it up to 2500 rpms.

Too little timing, Either the pump is sick and you dont know it, or something is causing a retardation of timing.

It doesn't happen on the street because you are putting a load onto it, which requires more retarded timing.

I would scan for codes, and I would be surpised if they didn't know a p0216.

Back