oil in antifreeze

stickboy1986

so i went racing tonight and i stacked my edge comp and super chip. well i ran a 9.74 in the 1/8. on the way how my buzz went off i looked down and my temp gauge was barried so i killed it got it stopped and ran out and popped the hood. well thier was oil and antifreeze just blowing out my over flow. i think its a head gasket but not positive can you help me out and tell me what happed or what you think could of happened?

What you think has happened??? Yeah, it did :bang

Yank the head, check for true and replace with new gaskets.

DO NOT drive it for a month until you get time, coolant in the oil will kill a turbo, and if you have an Edge already, ditch the super chip POS.

Well thanks for the advise. But I was talking to a good friend of mine and he thinks its a oil cooler becacause I never lost any power and it never missed a beat

well that was my other thought. the oil cooler but the way you described it kinda made it sound like a head or gasket issue.

change the cooler and go from there.

I didnt loose any power when mine blew oil all over my inner fender either. I checked the cooler first in hopes that was it. Very high odds its the HG. But I cant blame for hoping its the cooler. Good luck!

I can promise you if you listen to your friend you will be dissapointed and spending more money in the long run. You blew your head gasket and pushed oil into your coolant. Please do the right thing and pull your head!!!!! You will find your gasket shot trust me I have seen me do it. I cant tell you how many guys have hoped it was just the oil cooler and found out different the hard way. Pulling tyour head is a small price to pay for the piece of mind that comes with knowing your engine is healthy.

Pushing oil into your coolant passage will not cause a loss of power or make the truck run any different until you overheat so bad it lets go or you run out of oil :bang

Im just talking about how nasty mess from all the motor oil that was sprayed all over from my over flow tank and trying to get all the oil and anti freeze mix out of the block and radiator

We had a N14 get oil in the Antifreeze and it ended up being the oil cooler. Just my .02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back