OPIE Bypass Kit installed with PICS

What would happen if you just ran a hose from the water jacket to the radiator hose with no bypass valve?

What would happen if you just ran a hose from the water jacket to the radiator hose with no bypass valve?

Can't say for sure but possible the hose would allow too much bypass and the truck may never warm up properly if at all. But I could be wrong. When Opie gets back into town I am sure he will chime in if he sees this.

why not just buy the marine block water pump with the bigger pulley on it?
same functionality and cost is 1/4.

i wanna go fast bobby!!!

why not just buy the marine block water pump with the bigger pulley on it?
same functionality and cost is 1/4.

i wanna go fast bobby!!!

My guess, because we want as much flow as possible at idle and low rpms. Doing the above would sacrifices required low rpm cooling pressure for lowering excess pressure at high rpms.

My last order of regulators went up don't know why. There is a dealer that just made a large order today.

This kit did not keep the number 6 piston from melting... for the second time.

It might have been an injector issue, we will find out soon.

on a side note, i would prefer red hose over blue, since everything else under the hood is red.

I just installed the bypass I purchased from Shane (Luvnacummins) last November after he returned his truck back to stock. So far I am pretty impressed in how much it appears to stabilize the cooling system performance. Whether getting on it or toodling around town, the truck's temp gauge definitely doesn't fluctuate as frequently and as high of +/-magnitude as before from the thermostat cycling. For the first start of the day the gauge moves a bit slower to ~200, but warm-up time for in-cab heat is still the same.

Back