The Baddest Mofo in Bowling Green

ABOBB said:
Signature600 that stuff is totally cool, isn't it?? I've been fortunate enough to be a little deeper on some of them than you've gotten, but most of that was do to blind luck and happening to know the right folks.

CC12V... Robert's a hell of a guy isn't he.. He's starting to get that alky running the way it should.

Yeah, pretty sweet. We know Larry Robert's...actually, we are one of his business competitors in the machinery business...but through some of our customers were invited to his farm for a "farm group" meeting. Afterwards, he offered to take us to the barn where they were wrenching on the tractors.

Talk about a nice shop, and a nice collection of toys! 3 Alky tractors, and 1 turbine tractor...it was a blast checking those things out close up, without people telling you to back off like they normally do!

Chris

ABOBB said:
Signature600 that stuff is totally cool, isn't it?? I've been fortunate enough to be a little deeper on some of them than you've gotten, but most of that was do to blind luck and happening to know the right folks.

CC12V... Robert's a hell of a guy isn't he.. He's starting to get that alky running the way it should.

Yea he's a really nice guy. He was like a proud pappa answering all my questions.
Answer me this Sleddy....why are there no air shutoff's on these tractors?

So am I the only person that noticed or has noticed how totally different this truck sound verses all the other trucks I've ever heard?

Jim

Oh, I noticed. Sounds like big cubes. Bigger than 5.9. Not saying it is cause I don't know, but it sound biggish.

I was told the big difference is the Sigma pump. It injects fuel so much faster than our P pumps. The Radical Ram I was told has a 12 cylinder pump but the sound was much different .

CC12V said:
Yea he's a really nice guy. He was like a proud pappa answering all my questions.
Answer me this Sleddy....why are there no air shutoff's on these tractors?

Joe.. there is visible air shut off on Roberts tractor because as an alcohol burner, it is spark ignited. Therefore the kill switch disables the ignition system. Also.. those engines have a throttle body, which closes when the throttle is returned to the idle postion.

Had you seen a diesel version of that same tractor, it would have a air shut off.

ABOBB said:
Joe.. there is visible air shut off on Roberts tractor because as an alcohol burner, it is spark ignited. Therefore the kill switch disables the ignition system. Also.. those engines have a throttle body, which closes when the throttle is returned to the idle postion.

Had you seen a diesel version of that same tractor, it would have a air shut off.

Now that you mentioned it I did see a throttle body.
The two into one turbos were pretty cool.:evil

CC12V said:
Now that you mentioned it I did see a throttle body.
The two into one turbos were pretty cool.:evil

Did that get your wheels spinning?

You should hook up with sleddy, myself or someone, and get somewhere to check out some of the big diesel pullers. A few of them have 4 turbos in 3 stages!!!

Scheid's event would be a good spot to do that.

Signature600 said:
Yeah, pretty sweet. We know Larry Robert's...actually, we are one of his business competitors in the machinery business...but through some of our customers were invited to his farm for a "farm group" meeting. Afterwards, he offered to take us to the barn where they were wrenching on the tractors.

Talk about a nice shop, and a nice collection of toys! 3 Alky tractors, and 1 turbine tractor...it was a blast checking those things out close up, without people telling you to back off like they normally do!

Chris

Wow.. rubbing elbow with the cream of the crop there. I don't wanna drop names... but I've been fortunate enough to turn wrenches (as a volunteer) for 3 different teams who all of which either were, or later became national champs. I've met tons of people from chasing that sport, and have had more fun than I probably deserve.

Yeah...I know Larry, but we don't "hang out" We are business competitors after all:D I know a few others in the pulling fields that Dad has met over the years.

Pretty good friends with Kenny and Shelly Bryan with the Allis Challenger. Also deal with the Atley's, and Earley's here in southern Ohio!

Chris

Signature600 said:
Yeah...I know Larry, but we don't "hang out" We are business competitors after all:D I know a few others in the pulling fields that Dad has met over the years.

Pretty good friends with Kenny and Shelly Bryan with the Allis Challenger. Also deal with the Atley's, and Earley's here in southern Ohio!

Chris

I know of Atley's and Early's... don't know them too well though. I do know Kenny and Shelly, even though I haven't seen them lately. Next time you see them ask them about the Bobb Brothers in Indiana (my uncles).

Heard of those guys too...KB hasn't fixed his engine since he grenaded it a couple years ago. He's trying to figure out whether to stick with the 426 AC, or go with a 466 since they're allowed in the AC's now! That tractor was a good runner a few years ago...I think he made about 25 hooks with a cracked crank, but it finally let go:D

Chris

Back