Oil pressure adapter

rjustman

Can anyone point me in the direction of the oil pressure sensor adapter for a commonrail cummins to a 2006 6.0 f250.please don't say destroked, I've contacted them and 40 bucks for 2 fittings is crazy..local lowes,or homedepot don't have anything.I believe the cummins sensor to be a metric piece. Anyone out there that's done a commonrail swap into a 2005+ f250 I could use some help.

Thanks

Richard

Did you take the sensor into the store? Thread it into the thing they have to figure out sizes, or use a tap and die set? Figure out the threads that way, and go to somewhere like surplus center .com, they have tons of adapters.

Well here is what they look like. I'm still not sure if M10-1.0 is correct, even though it fits. It only goes in about 4 threads before it gets tight. Could be a fine NPT? This is the best I can help you, bro.

20160807_123715_zpsvv9qtmk7.jpg

20160807_123723_zpsuoetaftw.jpg

20160807_124446_zpsuurfycqa.jpg

20160807_124537_zps13gkf6m9.jpg

So is this the norm on a commonrail build? I had thought about doing this exact same thing on top of oil filter and pulling a plug for coolant.but I was told I didn't need the oil pressure or coolant temp in the Dodge harness so I was going to try to fit them in the factory spots on the cummins motor as I had done on my 12v..might go this route now though.

Did you take the sensor into the store? Thread it into the thing they have to figure out sizes, or use a tap and die set? Figure out the threads that way, and go to somewhere like surplus center .com, they have tons of adapters.

Yeah the cummins sensor didn't fit anything.I believe the Ford sensor fit the 1/4 hydraulic threads..it didn't fit the npt or compression.

Awesome..I guess talking to destroked the pieces they sell are a machined piece..but **** for 54 dollars shipped I'd think you could get An adapter that fit the cummins side and drill and tap for the Ford side on that said bushing..cummins sensor looks like an m14x1.5 on the oil side and the coolant looks like just an npt of sorts..I forgot to take that one to the store..I was to worried about the oil side

Sw5130 is a coolant temp switch that I used and was able to adapt to the cummins block with parts from a hardware store.
S4227 is an oil pressure switch I used and found adapters from a hardware store.both of these parts come from oreillys.might not save much money if any but they can be had local and don't need to wait..both of these worked great for me and my dash and everything worked when I had my 12v in my truck..for this buuld I ordered the docs pieces, and right after I received them I found my old sensors in a bucket of parts..so if anyone is looking for a faster solution this might work for you..just another option to consider I guess.

If you can find out the thread sizes, bring them to your local hydraulic store. Don't bother with a commcerial supply house, Lowes, etc. If they are straight thread O ring, you can measure the minor inside diameter of the threads and check against a thread chart.

Also if they are straight thread, you can take bolts and thread them in. Obviously only one size will fit properly. The adapter must have a rubber O ring to seal.

A straight thread that only partially enters a port is a very obvious NPT threaded port. The only variances in pipe thread are British (extremely rare, used by Caterpillar) and Standard.

Edit: You can also call Cummins for technical assistance, give them a part number for the part (filter housing, head etc) and they will look up mechanical drawings that call out the port thread sizes. This can also be done on QuickServ with a little time.

Last edited:
S4223 is oil pressure sender I typed that wrong sorry.

Yeah I have heard about going to a hydraulic place.it's just that on my 12v swap I didn't use any special fittings and everything was readily available at a local hardware store.but with this swap I couldn't find my old sensors so I bought new and nothing fit like it did previously..well looking back they were different senders on the Ford side..
In my last swap I didn't keep any sensors, like an idiot I sold em all with the motor, and by pure dumb luck I got sold sensors that didn't need the special destroked or dcs fittings, so just figure I'd share what I found going through a few buckets of parts..like stated it might not save anything money wise but could save time.

Back