New home for my CNC mill.

RonA

Been looking for someone to take my old CNC mill for a while so I can bring another lathe into the shop. Hate to see it go but I only use it a couple of times a year nowadays. Bought it new 25 years ago and it still cuts and runs like a dream. The bad side of buying top quality Japanese equipment is the price. The good side is the longevity. Hopefully the guy will take it. Can't complain about the price.

Coming out to pick it up and then install the new one in 2 weeks. Gonna miss it but will open up room for more stuff. He's going to have a blast with it and make money.

Starting to take it apart for transport. After 25 years it's like loosing part of the family.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 0
How many machines do you run currently Ron? Any projects outside of work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have 2 cnc mills, 1 cnc lathe, and a manual lathe. After monday I'll have 1 cnc mill, 1 manual lathe and 2 cnc lathes. My big mill just sat most of the time and I am always backed up on the lathes.

Last edited:
Do you usually work by yourself or is there a helper in the background?

I used an Emco (not Enco) brand tool room lathe at one of my customers shop to make a tool while on the job. It was hands down the best little tool room lathe I’ve ever used. And the perfect size for my typical projects.
Maybe one day I’ll fine one.

Finally got my spindle tooling. D1-8 to 8" chuck adapter indicated in to within
.00005". Got the 3 jaw indicated to within .0001. 8" chuck looks small(10" would be proper), but is lots easier to take on and off(yep, getting old).

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 0
Back