Heavy Duty Engine Stand?

my69camaro1

I've got a complete 12v motor sitting on my floor because I can't find a good strong stand to put it on. All I can find is 1000-1200 lbs stands. Where can I find a good ~ 2000 lbs stand?

Harbor freight makes a "heavy duty" one. I've used it 2 winters now with no problems holding a fully dress 12v and a 7.3

I have the Sunex 1000# with the gear drive and I like it for the Dmax block but with the longer Cummins I would have my doubts unless you added an outboard support of some kind for it.

If you wanna spend big bucks, Google Norco 78200A....holds engine on the side mounts instead of the bell housing end. Looks like a better approach but pricey IMO. Or copy it and DIY Fab it.

What brand?

I bought an AC Delco branded one from O O O O'reillys that has held up my 12V just fine. It is also rated at 2000 lbs. It's a biatch to turn the engine though.

Here is a couple i made a few months ago.

just made the back plates specific to a b-series

1_zpse9c9743e.jpg

Harbor freight makes a "heavy duty" one. I've used it 2 winters now with no problems holding a fully dress 12v and a 7.3

Same. I had a 7.3 hanging off of it for a year or so, now I've got a Black Max 150 Mercury outboard on it.

I bought the 1000lb rated one from Harbor Freight. Seemed to work fine for my 12v as well. I plan on modifying it to mount a cheap bottle jack on the front to hold the front of the block up.

Back