GT4202r

Black Diesel

I have searched and really couldn't find the answer to my questions. First off, after having an s400, will I need to change my downpipe to fit the Garrett turbine housing or will the 4 5/8" s400 flange and clamp work? Second, I assume the compressor discharge is the same and the cast aluminum elbow I had for my s400 will work as well? Being it is water cooled ball bearing turbo, are there any special mounting and plumbing technicalities I need to know about? I've read about restrictors for the oil feed maybe? Do they mount the same as a JB s400? I am new to the Garrett line of turbos so all insight is appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I appreciate both y'alls response! Would regular -4 line from say summit work or would one be better off using a smaller diameter feed line? I'm between the JB unit and the dual BB unit right now. If I go the JB route, I will be upgrading to the dual BB chra when I make the transition to compounds. Being new to Garrett's line of chargers, does anyone have any ideas on what I can expect from this GT4202 compared to s400's I have ran? I've run a 68/83/.90 and the new s472 SXE (which took a dump at not even 50 miles so that's back at Borg being looked at and not knowing how long that warranty will take, I decided to venture into the Garrett turbos).

I appreciate both y'alls response! Would regular -4 line from say summit work or would one be better off using a smaller diameter feed line? I'm between the JB unit and the dual BB unit right now. If I go the JB route, I will be upgrading to the dual BB chra when I make the transition to compounds. Being new to Garrett's line of chargers, does anyone have any ideas on what I can expect from this GT4202 compared to s400's I have ran? I've run a 68/83/.90 and the new s472 SXE (which took a dump at not even 50 miles so that's back at Borg being looked at and not knowing how long that warranty will take, I decided to venture into the Garrett turbos).

This is why I went with a s467. I have read a few 369s failing on another forum so I was a bit skeptical about running one.

Have you considered calling Weston and talking to him about a garrett turbo?
JEB machine makes them. They have a GT42 with a 75mm bilet wheel and an hx40 exhaust vband.

Last edited:
Weston and I have already conversed about the BB unit and I have since put an order for one in. I'm thinking it will be a week or so until it shows up.

Bumping this up. Wondering what is available as far as a comp wheel upgrade for the GT42. Would like to see where I can push this single GT42 to as a single. Wondering if it's realistic to see 1100 out of it on an engine I have plans for with a more efficient cylinder head and larger valves on a 4.21" bore. Just looking to break into the 10's with a mega cab, not consistently race there, more just to say I have a 10 second mega. If it won't be enough I'll either compound the GT42 or step up to a GT45. Thanks for all your insight in advance.

Back