Twin turbo rules for a future 50,000 race?

An annual event could easily be held in a different city and region every year.

Thats a good idea. The only issue I have with the current race is its location, its gonna cost me a ton of money in fuel to get there. Would be nice to another one more centralized or move it around.

Get used to the race not being where you want.

There's a few things I would change on cummin a long's post, the tailgate thing needs to go away, hood stacks, bed stacks and rear exit exhaust should be aloud, (pretty cheap for the average redneck to cut a hole in the hood).

And there should not be a inducer limit on the turbos unless it's a single. There's some cheap 80+mm chargers out there if you know where to get them and alot of these guys already run them. Why should people have to change there twins out because your bottom charger is small? Please think of others and not make the rules fit YOUR truck, remember just because it's a average Joe race doesn't mean that average Joe doesn't have better resources for cheaper and better parts or even chops up his exhaust cause he doesn't want to pay for a expensive aftermarket one.

If you want everyone to run rear exit exhaust be prepared for almost everyone to smoke the lights, then it would be quite the waste of a race at that point.

I'm fine with the race not being where I want. I've drove all over the country racing this year. Just sayin something more centralized like they did for the world finals or move it around would be nice. Fuel is expensive and no one ever wants to sponsor that for you.

Thats a good idea. The only issue I have with the current race is its location, its gonna cost me a ton of money in fuel to get there. Would be nice to another one more centralized or move it around.

And I thought no one would biotch about being 20 minutes from the beach in Florida in February LOL Sorry bubba, we really do want you to come. How about this, I own a small performance shop an hour from the track. I will pay for one tank of your fuel to get here. Now there is a start, the rest is up to you. :poke: Just don't try and slip a 100 gallon fuel tank in there on me LOL Come on down, Gary

Thanks for the offer gary. I'm trying to get it all figured out money wise to go. I would really like to be apart of this. I'm waiting on some phone calls back and if it all works out i'll register pretty quick for it.

If you want "Average Joe" you need to make a $50,000 purse for a 12.0 Quick Diesel class...

Think about it, no cages needed, no custom turbo chargers, just a 600-700HP truck that is built to go rounds....

Limiting the ET will not be as exciting for the spectators, but its the only way to make a "Average Joe" race.

Lavon

If you want "Average Joe" you need to make a $50,000 purse for a 12.0 Quick Diesel class...

Think about it, no cages needed, no custom turbo chargers, just a 600-700HP truck that is built to go rounds....

Limiting the ET will not be as exciting for the spectators, but its the only way to make a "Average Joe" race.

Lavon

Bingo!!!!!!!

Lavon

I agree 100%.

A 12.0 class is truly the "average joe" but wouldn't bring the crowds or racers willing to pony up the $500 buy in...at least not yet! Once is been established as a quality annual event, then possibly.

I like the vibe people are giving...my $0.02 is an annual race of a varing class of truck in a different location.

Get used to the race not being where you want.

There's a few things I would change on cummin a long's post, the tailgate thing needs to go away, hood stacks, bed stacks and rear exit exhaust should be aloud, (pretty cheap for the average redneck to cut a hole in the hood).

And there should not be a inducer limit on the turbos unless it's a single. There's some cheap 80+mm chargers out there if you know where to get them and alot of these guys already run them. Why should people have to change there twins out because your bottom charger is small? Please think of others and not make the rules fit YOUR truck, remember just because it's a average Joe race doesn't mean that average Joe doesn't have better resources for cheaper and better parts or even chops up his exhaust cause he doesn't want to pay for a expensive aftermarket one.

If you want everyone to run rear exit exhaust be prepared for almost everyone to smoke the lights, then it would be quite the waste of a race at that point.

The tailgate thing is part of full body, that's why I also said leave the bumprs and the headlights on so the trucks don't look like some hack job of cobbled parts running down the track.

The hood stack, NO GO! ANY exhaust exiting in front of the cab is a RACE ONLY MOD. That is NOT an "average joe" item.

As far as the turbo size, what's the biggest setup you commonly see on an "average" truck?.....80mm, as in S480's. 62's or 64's over 80's are about as big as you can run and still have a truck that can be a "truck"....i.e. still do everything you do with it.

That rule isn't geared toward my truck, hell, my big charger is only a 71mm.

As for the 12.0 Index racing......personal opinion here, IT's FRIGGIN GAY. How many times do you see guys at the end of the track nailing the brakes, coasting in from 1000 ft, etc.....that is so friggin boring for a spectator to watch that it's not even funny. Bottom Line: brackets are nothing more than racing yourself. It's like ET brackets, do you really consider that a race?

You want average Joe? Well there's plenty of guys who have ripped there tailgate off with a gooseneck, or bought the truck used with no tailgate. It's a retarded rule, scared you'll lose if the guy in the other lane doesn't have his?

Hood stack is more average Joe than you even can imagine, you obviously haven't been around too many redneck trucks, it's the same thing as a bed stack. If you think it's a race only mod, keep dreaming. Same as before, scared you'll lose cause he has a hood stack and you don't? Won't really matter cause you'll be smoking out the lights with your rear exit exhaust.

Biggest setup I've seen work on a truck and the guy uses it like a truck was a S366 over a S4T88. Let people run the turbos they already bought, you want to put a limit then put it on a big single cause you know they aren't using it as a DD. The words AVERAGE JOE need to go away, we have more innovation in our sport than any out there.

A tailgate, and exhaust isn't going to be the deciding factor, Im guessing the all need dual batteries as well?

12.0 index is the gayness I agree

Last edited:
T, you need to lean how to express yourself a little bit more man!!

Stop being such a closed Book!!!!!

LOL

You want average Joe? Well there's plenty of guys who have ripped there tailgate off with a gooseneck, or bought the truck used with no tailgate. It's a retarded rule, scared you'll lose if the guy in the other lane doesn't have his?

Hood stack is more average Joe than you even can imagine, you obviously haven't been around too many redneck trucks, it's the same thing as a bed stack. If you think it's a race only mod, keep dreaming. Same as before, scared you'll lose cause he has a hood stack and you don't? Won't really matter cause you'll be smoking out the lights with your rear exit exhaust.

Biggest setup I've seen work on a truck and the guy uses it like a truck was a S366 over a S4T88. Let people run the turbos they already bought, you want to put a limit then put it on a big single cause you know they aren't using it as a DD. The words AVERAGE JOE need to go away, we have more innovation in our sport than any out there.

A tailgate, and exhaust isn't going to be the deciding factor, Im guessing the all need dual batteries as well?

12.0 index is the gayness I agree

Yup, there are guys that have ripped their tailgate off with a gooseneck, 5th wheel, whatever.....

There's also guys that have had their wheels and tires stolen.....are we gonna make a handicap lane for those guys to run because they were either too cheap or didn't bother to fix it?

Fix your junk or don't put it out there. It's those same guys that show up to the track with 50 lbs of mud hanging underneath the truck and waste everyones time when it falls off.

Hood stacks, anyway you look at it are gonna get you pulled over in any state you go to, PERIOD! Any exhaust exiting in front of the cab on a street driven truck is a no go.

I've go no issue with a bed stack, or turned up tips for that matter. Those are perfectly acceptable on the street.

If Billy Bob wants to run in an "everyday driver" class, then run the truck you drive EVERYDAY.....not the one that sits in the barn and plays in the local mud bog and truck pull on the weekends.

Hell if what you want is the average Joe then make it simple! Run what you brung and you have to arrive a day early so all racers must drive in a loop of no less than 50 miles and the trucks get impounded at the track after the city drive. Truck doesn't make the city drive loop your out. No tire changes, no weight reductions, no injectables. This is going to get the daily driven truck and there will be a wide range that shows up.

The definition of Average Joe needs to be established....There are the extremes, but what is exactly the "Average Joe"

Brother you have to have wheels and tires to drive, now your just being retarded. Most people don't want to spend extra money and go buy a new tailgate, alot of people don't even race with a tailgate. Keep your bed clean and free of trash and your good.

Hood stacks are illegal, but there's a handful of guys I know and the police just give them a thumbs up, a few are on this site. Sounds like you just want everyone to drive a perfect truck, or a truck that doesn't see any work. Should we put our trucks in the shop to fix all the dents and scratches as well?

Im sure you will penalize the driver who puts in a 5point harness seat or roll cage in his daily driver cause even though he's trying to save his life it's just not DD enough for you.

Like I said you want average Joe, then a programmer and exhaust and a lift kit is average. Average Joe needs to go away, WE ARE NOT AVERAGE ANYMORE.

Diesel Tech is on the money

Brother you have to have wheels and tires to drive, now your just being retarded. Most people don't want to spend extra money and go buy a new tailgate, alot of people don't even race with a tailgate. Keep your bed clean and free of trash and your good.

Hood stacks are illegal, but there's a handful of guys I know and the police just give them a thumbs up, a few are on this site. Sounds like you just want everyone to drive a perfect truck, or a truck that doesn't see any work. Should we put our trucks in the shop to fix all the dents and scratches as well?

Im sure you will penalize the driver who puts in a 5point harness seat or roll cage in his daily driver cause even though he's trying to save his life it's just not DD enough for you.

Retarded?....not at all. Enough common sense to know that NO ONE will ever be happy with anything though.

If you think anybody is gonna pony up an ounce of cash to see some guys with 14 - 15 second trucks with stacks and tuners, you're nuts.

You're missing the point here.....

Go to an event....ANY event.

How many trucks do you see on the track? How many are the same guys as the last event? Looks familiar right?

Now, lets look around the parking....

How many guys out there are more than capable of running?....a whole friggin crap load.

But, if you think those guys are gonna run in the same class as a dude that shows up with his junk on the trailer, a set of slicks (or even some ET Streets), and a cage, blah, blah, blah......then you're nuts. You'd be a sucker to put you money up and run in the same class.

As I stated earlier, NONE of the rules I suggested earlier pose ANYTHING that wouldn't be on an everyday truck.

If you can come up with a set that makes it fair and would get folks out of the stands, put 'em up, let's see it. Let's see the class that TMONEY has to propose.

Because from what you've said, you want to put a Pro Street truck against a daily driver. Am I wrong?

Let me give you all a little example of an everyday driver. While it is not a truck it is a good friend of mines car but it will show just what can and does drive everyday. It's a Chevy II, all steel body except the hood. Full cage and Lenco transmission. He has won the HotRod Power Tour the last two years in a row and I think he won it three years ago as well. Now that is a drive for a week, from track to track and it covers ~1500 miles. You have to race each day and drive each day. Miss a race or a drive and your done. No trailers allowed except if towed by the car or truck running! All you can change is the tires at the track but he does not. Last year he was the first car ever over 200 MPH at the event and this year he was the first under 7 seconds in the 1/4 and upped his 200+ mph record. Car is insured, has legal plates that belong to the car and he drives it all the time.

So how do you keep someone out of a race and not call it an everyday or average Joe vehicle? Someone who is willing to invest the time can and will win, just the way it is. A 10 second street truck can and does get driven all the time, hell there are a few in the 9's already that can and do drive on the street and would not have an issue meeting and being an everyday driver vehicle. You have to pick some rules that are going to cut some vehicles out or just understand someone is going to build to whatever rules you make and will most likely win time and time again.

Back