Dan1stgen

So I bought an efi live v2 flashscan for my 2011 ram 2500 cummins. I was hoping it would I could learn to tune my own truck I bought exhaust system egr delete and throttle valve delete. I thought this software had the ability to do these deletes am I wrong did I just waste my money? Im a 12 year diesel tech I understand a lot of this stuff but I don't see anything about the temp sensors or emissions on the program, just adjusting fuel and timing and such.
HELP!!!! please.:nail:

You are correct. Efi-Live does not support offroad tuning on any vehicles after 2010. The 4th gen 6.7 can not be tuned for offroad with just efilive. You would need to add the parameters to the software yourself.

US based customers are limited to what EFI Live will let you access. You can still load an "off-road" tune from a company with your system

So I can’t even adjust my speedometer with this paperweight how do I make this thing work does anyone know a hack crack or whatever I know the potential of it. there’s lots of folks doing what I want to do to my truck with these flashscans. I don’t want to pay someone to build me a tune and have it locked. I want to play too!! I don’t want to be a commercial tuner this is just a hobby.

Could you buy a stock file from someone that has certain sensors and what not, shut off or fooled. But then be able to tune your own engine and transmission yourself. Don't know if this is possible, just asking.

If you want to do your own tuning, you're better off getting an MM3 and Warp Tuning dongle. That will let you change your speedo as well. Lots more parameters than efi-live.

You can buy an unlocked tune from a tuner that has figured out and uploaded the parameters to the system however I dont think you are willing to spend the money on that tune.

There are still a bunch of the old original H&S units out there on the market. The update files are still available on the Diesel Tuner Pro site. There are a lot of shops that are selling the MCC unlock code so you can write your own tunes. The MCC software is free to download. It looks pretty impressive in it's granularity, so that might be what you are looking for.

In addition, you might want to look into AlphaODB and an MX bluetooth dongle.
I used AlphaODB to turn on the backup camera in my '15 R/T's UConnect, worked great. However, it's not well documented, but there are a lot of people posting procedures they have discovered.

It's a piece of software that is sort of in it's infancy. The programmer is in Europe somewhere and seems to be specialized in FCA products. He's just now adding the 7.5-10 Cummins trucks, but already has quite a lot of the later models online.

Back