SSR beta testers...lets talk

UNBROKEN

Ezekiel 25:17
I'd prefer to talk about fairly hot street trucks, maybe the drag trucks aren't shooting for the drivability some of us are.
What were your starting points, etc ?

Also...with all the RP adjustments is there even a need for a pressure box with the SSR ?
Does it still only boost fool to 42psi ?

oooo good topic, will be watching........ for what its worth, twin cp3's shouldn't need a pressure box........

I have a Quad boost fooler and my mp8 was off when I was testing... So if it only fools to 42, just get a quad.

As far as pressure, it seemed to work well.... Except I think my original modded PRV was popping too early... Got it fixed now, but the truck is down..

I'll post some starting points a bit later..

Last edited:
I have it, yes.

As far as a pressure box and twin pumps...when I turn my MP8 up on a WOT pull it makes one hell of a difference.

I have it, yes.

As far as a pressure box and twin pumps...when I turn my MP8 up on a WOT pull it makes one hell of a difference.

Yes it does,

I think I'm going to still use the mp8 for pressure / easy adjustment while driving..... This way you can just spend the valuable time dialing in all the levels of duration and timing...Then just roll in pressure when needed..

But play with the pressure settings too...They work..

I guess I don't care what it fools to...I still use the manual deal I made. My MAP sensor only sees a max of 38psi no matter what's really happening in the manifold.

Richard,

The SSR has much better rail pressure controll than a pressure box. Datalog your rail pressure and you will see what I mean.

So you had to go to Florida to get the SSR straight from Marco ???????

From what I read Marco and Bob were there doing some meet and greets along with making a very generous donation. If I had to guess I'm thinking Marco probably gave the SSR to "able" trucks who were willing to test. I know John (smokemachine) received it also.

Here are the settings that I am running right now:

LLTiming = 10
LLDur = 15
LLRail = 15

HLTiming = 30
HLDur = 25
HLRail = 30

Comparing this to the following settings on the TNT/R:
Level 9
Timing 3
Rail 3

The SSR settings makes about 80hp more. Street drivability is much better. Driving my truck on the street with the TNT/R on level 9, is a challenge. With the SSR it's a true pleasure.

The SSR settings that I have above, are not going to be my final settings. I am still working up on the HL settings. I do not beleive that I will be running any more timing. I do think I can run more duration. I think it will be safe to say that 100hp over the TNT/R is doable.

As a suggestion don't go to high on the HL Timing until you can verify that increasing it still gives a performance improvement. Not seat of the pants verify, but dyno, or track verification. Start low on the HL duration, and work up. You will be surprised on how much power it makes on low settings. Keep an eye on the boost. The fueling also continues on higher up in the rpm.

I make a lot of passes at the drag strip with my truck, but it also a daily driver.

Paul

I bet you would notice a big difference with the mp8, but with two pumps the ease at which you could blow the tips right off is just too risky for me, and was alerted to this by my kit manufacturer.

Paulb, that is the kind of stuff we want to hear about, making 80 over tnt/ R is an eye opener indeed. Be nice if Bob and Marco stuck around the east coast till spring fling, tons of trucks that would be willing to test that SSR on the dyno with a vast variety of mods.

oooo good topic, will be watching........ for what its worth, twin cp3's shouldn't need a pressure box........

Correct if I'm wrong, (which shouldn't be a problem LOL) but the twin CP3's don't affect overall rail pressure they just insure the volume is there when the rail pressure called upon is available. I know with my 03 I run the PPE Hot. At WOT with twin CP3's I hit maybe 20.5k, as soon as I turn the dial up on my Dr. P I'm around 26.5k. I know this is a SSR thread, but if the SSR doesn't ask for a lot or extra rail pressure an MP8 might still be justifiable...

That's my understanding. Twin pumps are a volume thing...not a pressure thing.

Thanks for the post Paul. I'd like to see what others have come up with to compare....just to see if people are settling on similar settings or if they vary drastically.

I'm trying to get some dyno time scheduled for Saturday so I can really watch what's happening.

Dockboy showed my some TNT vs SSR dyno graphs this weekend...I was very impressed with how the curve looked. That long, flat SSR curve looked much more fun to drive than the shorter peaky TNT curve.

I think you will find quite a difference between setups. That is one of the advantages in SSR. You can tune to your setup. I am pretty sure that there isn't another truck that has the exact same setup as I am running. Speaking of that here is what my setup currently is:

Flux 5 injectors
Source Automotive twins with an HTT 66/16SS over a Force Inductions S488 with a race cover
Mildly ported head
PPE Twin CP3's
F1 beta cam

Those are the main fuel and air mods. The engine of course has a lot of other mods, but the ones that most effect tuning are listed above.

I do not use a pressure box, and never have. The settings I have on the SSR make 25,500 psi, which works for me.

I also live at 4600'.

Paul

I think you will find quite a difference between setups. That is one of the advantages in SSR. You can tune to your setup. I am pretty sure that there isn't another truck that has the exact same setup as I am running. Speaking of that here is what my setup currently is:

Flux 5 injectors
Source Automotive twins with an HTT 66/16SS over a Force Inductions S488 with a race cover
Mildly ported head
PPE Twin CP3's
F1 beta cam

Those are the main fuel and air mods. The engine of course has a lot of other mods, but the ones that most effect tuning are listed above.

I do not use a pressure box, and never have. The settings I have on the SSR make 25,500 psi, which works for me.

I also live at 4600'.

Paul

Not to derail, but have you dynoed that thing? :bow:

Not to derail, but have you dynoed that thing? :bow:

Not for quite awhile. I'm more interested in how it runs down the 1/4 mile, and drivability, then what a dyno shows. If you want to plug numbers into the HP Calculator, with the above setup it runs 124 mph and weighs 7200lbs with me in it.

Paul

Not for quite awhile. I'm more interested in how it runs down the 1/4 mile, and drivability, then what a dyno shows. If you want to plug numbers into the HP Calculator, with the above setup it runs 124 mph and weighs 7200lbs with me in it.

Paul

931 at the wheels....

nice!

Back