2012 165 Install problem

FosterW

How Now Brown Cow
Hey guys, first I just want to compliment you on your great product! However this weekend I installed a 165 system on a 2012 Ram. Everything went extremely smooth until we hooked up the harness. I found the blue wire with orange tracer that was coming from the sending unit and cut and spliced into the front side of it like the directions explained for a 2011 truck but the pump would not run. Upon some further investigation we found there was no power to that wire with key on or cranking (all fuses and relays were good). So instead I tapped into a different ignition hot circuit and everything worked flawlessly. Is there a difference between the 2011 and 2012 trucks in the case of that sending unit wire?

Any info you have will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks, Wes

I had a 2012 truck do that and i spliced it into the blue/orange wire coming out of the main harness plug behind the driver side tire. it was like the wire was somehow cut along the frame somewhere. I still dont know why the wire lost conductance but it did somehow.

I'm sure Anthony will chime in today. They are short a tech right now and we all know Anthony is busy with that new baby at home.

There is also a new issue that arose yesterday. I'm unsure if it has to do with the AD instal.
Truck was running fine after instal, the following day (yesterday) it would die but then start right back up without hesitation. It would run for about 45 seconds. Then it stopped running all together. The fuel in the tank was three weeks old so I assumed the fuel might be gelled (the temps dropped to -45 this week). We poured 911 in the tank and filter and let it sit for a few hours.
Later on the truck started and was driven to get fresh fuel and was let idle for about three hours.
This morning, truck started fine, idled for awhile, and on his way in to work died on him. What's going on here guys? I feel like this is an electrical issue. I know all the lines are routed correctly and there are no obstructions.
Any ideas let me know please. I'm not familiar with these brand new 6.7L's.

There is also a new issue that arose yesterday. I'm unsure if it has to do with the AD instal.
Truck was running fine after instal, the following day (yesterday) it would die but then start right back up without hesitation. It would run for about 45 seconds. Then it stopped running all together. The fuel in the tank was three weeks old so I assumed the fuel might be gelled (the temps dropped to -45 this week). We poured 911 in the tank and filter and let it sit for a few hours.
Later on the truck started and was driven to get fresh fuel and was let idle for about three hours.
This morning, truck started fine, idled for awhile, and on his way in to work died on him. What's going on here guys? I feel like this is an electrical issue. I know all the lines are routed correctly and there are no obstructions.
Any ideas let me know please. I'm not familiar with these brand new 6.7L's.

Are both problems on the same truck? I'll run out and check my '12. Wish I could say I did that install but I didn't. Fleece did for Diesel World mag write up.
The second issue just sounds like gelled fuel. I'd run additive. I do all the time. Always put power service in and have never had a single issue.

Yes both issues are on the same truck. The fuel should be good now as we added 911 and then he filled up with new fuel and added Howe's Lubricator.

Let me know what you recommend.

Back