The 6.4 TT setup

trailrunner

OK i can see how they pipe the hot side of the turbos but how to they pipe the cool side? are the turbos sequential, compounded what?? the hot side looks like it would be compounded.

Sequential, compound, whatever you want to call it.
Supposedly the smaller VVT feeds the larger fixed turbo, so the cold side of the first (smaller) turbo, would feed the turbine of the larger one, then through the IC, then into the engine.

That would be compound then, Greg
Sequential is when the both feed a common plenum simultaneously.

Last edited:
huh, interesting. FYI sequential is when both turbos feed a common plenum and compunded is when the larger turbo feeds the smaller one. twin turbo supras were sequential. they had one air cleaner for each turbo.

It sounds like a reverse compound cause most have the larger turbo feeding a smaller turbo. guess we will just have to wait and see

trailrunner said:
It sounds like a reverse compound cause most have the larger turbo feeding a smaller turbo. guess we will just have to wait and see

It should be the large feeding the small turbo, I don't see how the other way around would work efficiently.

Nick

i went and looked at the turbo setup on the 4.5 V6 and it is the larger turbo feeding the smaller one. with all the piping on the 6.4 you cant tell what you are looking at.

Back