Tires for Texas Mile

06cumminz

Im going to build my 2001 duramax for the texas mile, but my first issue is finding a tire rated for 180+mph and having the load rating i need. Does anyone have any idea, it cant be a drag radial. Has to be a street tire.

thanks for the help

Most cars i saw used drag radials, a bead lock wheel works best so they don't spin on the rim.
As far as tires, nitto falken and toyo make tires that will take the weight but the speed is where it gets you.

I like the Toyo Proxies I ran them on Project X at the mile . ti thing they were 325 35 20s. they were 29 time if I remember

this tire works great , you do not want any side wall in this type of racing. In testing on the street we had speed of over 200 farily easy.

I went 167.88 at the mile

XAT159MPH.jpg

Are those proxies rated for more then 167? All the info find is 167. The next rating is y I think and that's 187mph, but can't find anything that will hold the weight at that speed

They were Y's and they are good for the weight , and Y are acceptiable for 200+ mph. there is no speed rating above that.

continetal makes a speed rated tire as well its a very narrow tire . I like the shortest side wall possable with this weight
I have been 200+ testing with them on X and ran then to 220 on the dyno

i called toyo and they said they didnt have any tires that would handle the weight and do over 168. the toyo proxes s/t would handle the weight but werent y rated. guess ill look into the continetal tires

i found a set of contintels that will work.. id take a mud terrian down the mile if it would pass tech but there real picky on weight and the speed rating. the ones i found will hold 2094lbs per tire and there rated at 186mph

Back