Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Entrance Gate- Welcome to Competition Diesel > Introductions.
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Introductions. Take a moment to Introduce yourself here. Tell us about yourself and your rig!

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2018, 06:33 PM   #1
thor363

Name: thor363
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
New from TN

Cleaning up a nice 140k 1995 12 valve for a conversion from a v10 Ford. I don't understand why they didn't drop a Cummins into these things from the factory. The v10 is such a pig this just had to be done.

So far I have the KDP fix, full seals/gaskets of course, 181 DV's (160hp p-pump), a new Colt Stage 3 cam and retainer, new 24 valve lifters, 5x14 SAC's from Ducky's with needlework (in progress), fuel pre-heater delete, #10 plate (for now), HE351WC turbo (will reclock), and since flipping the manifold a 1/2" spacer plate and new mounting studs, new longer oil drain line and feed lines and adapters, 4k GSK from TST, AFC max travel kit for 35-45 boost, adjustable boost elbow, +60lb Cummins white stripe springs, keepers, and retainers, ARP head studs, planning on 18* timing to start with, and the head will be getting some valve unshrouding especially on the exhaust side.

Hoping this will wake up this original 160hp diesel....we'll see. No idea where that will put it for power levels, but I know I'll have a serious trans build to add to this. Phil at Diesel Performance Converters will be doing my triple disk. Still looking into how I want to assist the cooling for #6 (and 5) cylinders and possibly a different intake.

I've never worked on a diesel before but for something that would seem so simple there's lots to learn. Still trying to find the budget for a p-pump bench and flow/balance to help max it out, though I'm sure Seth will be my guy if I can find a way. I'm in the Westmoreland/Lafayette and have a very knowledgeable diesel mech friend here in the area.

Anyone else from Tennessee out there? ...and...HI YALL!

Closed Thread