Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area-Ford > Ford Tech > 6.7 Scorpion
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2015, 07:41 PM   #1
UNBROKEN

Name: UNBROKEN
Title: Ezekiel 25:17
Member`s Gallery
Hellwig bars, PMF dual stabilizer and Fox 2.5's installed

Finally got my PMF dual stabilizer kit with Fox 2.0's on as well as Hellwig front and rear swaybars and Fox Factory 2.5 shocks.
I've spent about a week driving it to try to get a good feel for the differences.
The swaybars and stabilizer kit went on easy as can be...zero issues and both made noticeable differences. The steering wheel doesn't jump around when I hit bumps as bad and the bigger bars made a world of difference on curves. I've had Hellwig bars on every truck I've ever owned...they're some of the best money you can spend IMHO.
The Fox 2.5 front shocks also went on super easy. The rears...well those were a pain in the ass but only because the reservoir on the passenger side was clocked wrong. I installed everything on a Sunday so there was nobody to call for info but looking at them there's a lock ring that tightens the reservoir to the body and common sense says if you loosen it you should be able to move things around. I just wasn't willing to gamble on it without knowing for sure so I installed it backwards and called them on Monday, they confirmed what I thought so I used a small punch and hammer to loosen the ring, spun the reservoir to where it should have been and all is good. I didn't have a spanner wrench so I went the old punch route.
To be honest...I'm amazed at these shocks and couldn't be happier. I drive the same route every day to work and back so I have the bad spots, potholes, etc memorized pretty well. The rough spots where the ass end used to try to jump out sideways...it just floats over those now. I hit some potholes on purpose and they're just not as bad as they were before. All in all every single thing with road manners are better. It just feels more planted and stable no matter what I drive over.

I guess that's enough babbling...on to some crappy pics.

Click the image to open in full size.

I just couldn't bring myself to trust some basic worm drive hose clamps to hold the reservoirs on so I used t-bolt clamps instead. Unfortunately the only ones I had were one size to big and just barely tightened up. I have the right size clamps on the way now.

It's a tight fit with the bigger shock, sway bar and traction bars...but it all fits somehow along with a 5" tailpipe.

Old 09-05-2015, 09:07 AM   #2
bobcat67

Name: bobcat67
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Looks awesome!!!

Old 09-05-2015, 10:11 PM   #3
sledshaker

Name: sledshaker
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
nice. My 2015 F350 didn't come with a rear sway bar. WTH? Thought about ordering the parts through Ford or the Hellwig bar. Not sure I like the u-bolt style of the Hellwig. Any pros or cons on either? Thanks

Old 09-06-2015, 09:00 AM   #4
UNBROKEN

Name: UNBROKEN
Title: Ezekiel 25:17
Member`s Gallery
I've had Hellwigs on every truck I've ever had...zero issues with any of them. Their mount for the Super Duty's works fine.

Old 09-06-2015, 09:12 AM   #5
Blueboy

Name: Blueboy
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Looks good, nice clean install.

Old 01-04-2016, 06:34 PM   #6
TheBigNasty

Name: TheBigNasty
Title: Project bish
Member`s Gallery
Still happy after the new has worn off?

I have to do something. I swear these bilstein pos's are worse than the ranchos with "shock extenders". I don't want to go all in because I don't know how much longer I'll have it after the 17's come out, but don't want to waste my money on 2.0's if they'll just be marginally better.

Closed Thread