Compound turbo field tractor.

I wasted 2 days trying to find TDC on this hog to realize the flywheel that came with tractor isn't right. So I burned a day yesterday driving to the closest salvage yard and they had a good 7520 flywheel. So now I can proceed some more. Hoping to hear back from pump shop today

I've been in that boat before, when I made an adapter to put a VE on my perkins it made the stock timing marks out of whack so when I re assembled it wouldn't start.

I took a bolt and put it into a spare injector and found true tdc when I put my cam in. It's amazing how far the marks can be off

Very cool....you're biggest problem will be tying that thing to the ground if you actually want to use 250hp on a 2wd tractor, but I'm sure you already knew that.

Some big rubber would do it, but you'll need more weight on the back then....once you get it nailed down, then come the rear end problems. 6030's are tough, but double factory power in a working application is ROUGH.

Either way, awesome project....I have my own envisioned someday when I find the right donor carcass, but it will be orange....

Chris

a0ce25f904b176ca0e77e6bcb0a19631.jpg

Today I replaced rear main seal, assembled clutch, got it back in one piece, started plumbing oil lines for turbos but ordered the wrong fittings. Got the hot pipes wrapped, and started replacing seal on hydraulic pump so it will be ready to drop in.

Awesome project!!!

Always thought it would be cool to turn up an older tractor. Its on my things to do once retired list haha. Long way away.

I know what you mean, we just had to buy a set of 30.5x32 for our chopper, tires are mighty hard on the ol wallet

Keep up the awesome work.
Can't wait to watch the video of this tractor running. The turbo whistle is going to be great.

Back