'04 6.0l 8.51@77mph tune and exhaust only..

PHILIP@XTREME

Second post here,GREAT site! .My current truck is a 2004 F250 FX4 tuned by DJs diesel. It tows everyday unless it gets unhooked to make pass at the dragstrip! It recently ran a 8.51@77.2mph with exhaust and Race tune only(thanks DJ and Viv!) It ran a 8.68@76mph on my STREET/TOW tune. Just installed a NX dry kit(.073 jet) hopefully catch a tailwind next week and dip in the 7's!LOL!, Heres a couple of pics...
whitef250043.jpg

whitef250050.jpg
redws6047.jpg

Very nice times! Your avatar looks to be at the House of Hook? I love that track, your local I'm assuming.

Very nice times! Your avatar looks to be at the House of Hook? I love that track, your local I'm assuming.

Thanks! Yes Carolina is our home track(we are in Lexington,S.C.). Track certainly is named right!(House of hook) Left more than a few parts laying on the track over the years!

Dang! Incredible times for a CC with no spray . . . What are your 60' times like? Got any slips you could post? What's it weigh? :bow::bow:

Dang! Incredible times for a CC with no spray . . . What are your 60' times like? Got any slips you could post? What's it weigh? :bow::bow:

Thanks! The 60' was a 1.79 leaving on 25psi in 4 hi. I'll see if I can dig up a timeslip. Never really thought about running the truck but there was a Cummins there running pretty good(he was running 7.70's) so I unhooked the car trailer and ran the 8.68 on my street tune(I tow with also). I called DJ and he sent me a more aggresive "Race/Dyno" file(what it ran the 8.51 0n). I had a busted NX kit so I pieced together a dry kit to try next time(feels GOOD on the street!)I learned(one intercooler later) not spray it until th boost comes in:doh:! As far as weight I have no idea,whatever a CC 4x4 weighs!
BTW I love those bottle brackets in yor avatar!

Last edited:
I just noticed in your sig that you run nitrous on your truck , how much are you picking up with it?

Wow! Your times are really the best I have heard of in the 1/8th for a CC on Stock Injectors, Stock Turbo. Any tranny work or fuel system?

My truck weighs 7,650 with me in it. I'm sure yours would be right around that.

My best 1/8th mile on fuel is 8.86 @ 74 mph and my best on the bottle has been 8.48 @ 79 mph with a 1.77 60' time. So I guess you could say 4 tenths.

The bottle brackets are made by Pro Precision and I am an authorized dealer. The one in my avatar went in a 1996 Z28 I had about 4 years ago. The one in my truck is brushed aluminum with a custom machined base.

No fuel or tranny work(yet) but I'm sure my days are numbered.
Not really much to compare to around here, a friend of mine has a '06 2wd F350 dually thats been 9.0's on a canned SCT tune. There are a few fairly quick Cummins powered trucks but not much in the way of 6.0's.
They had a "diesel truck" class at a local 10.5 race a couple of months ago and on my tune at that time I was running consistent 8.7xx's and a best of 8.68 that night(ended up getting halftracked by a Cummins). I've only made one "good" pass with my current tune but plan to try and make a few this weekend (if the car stays together!).
Your brackets look WAY better than mine! Heres mine(had keep use of the bed)
redws6.jpg

No fuel or tranny work(yet) but I'm sure my days are numbered.
Not really much to compare to around here, a friend of mine has a '06 2wd F350 dually thats been 9.0's on a canned SCT tune. There are a few fairly quick Cummins powered trucks but not much in the way of 6.0's.
They had a "diesel truck" class at a local 10.5 race a couple of months ago and on my tune at that time I was running consistent 8.7xx's and a best of 8.68 that night(ended up getting halftracked by a Cummins). I've only made one "good" pass with my current tune but plan to try and make a few this weekend (if the car stays together!).
Your brackets look WAY better than mine! Heres mine(had keep use of the bed)
redws6.jpg

Very cool! Great times! Can't wait to hear what it does on the bottle. Keep us posted. Oh and that WS6 in your avatar looks a bit slow . . . is that as high as it can get the front tires . . . jeez . . . :hehe::hehe::hehe:

Very cool! Great times! Can't wait to hear what it does on the bottle. Keep us posted. Oh and that WS6 in your avatar looks a bit slow . . . is that as high as it can get the front tires . . . jeez . . . :hehe::hehe::hehe:

Thanks! I'll keep you posted! Yeah thats the wifes car, she keeps saying I need to put some nitrous on it:drive:

Back