Gm IFS traction bars?

Duramaxfan03

It might be a stupid question but i have to ask because im curious. I just finished reading through 35 pages of you guys talking about traction bars for the rear of the truck to keep the axle from moving, but what about the front? Have you guys ever thought about any kind of axle movement on the front axle and adding some kind of traction bars up front? Like i said it maybe a stupid question so don't be to hard on me but i was just curious about it.

If the front ifs is a moving that way, then something is seriously broken.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The upper and lower control arms prevent front to rear axle movement while allowing up and down movement. If you are experiencing front to rear axle movement your bushings are shot!

If you are talking about the "toe-in" that most IFS GM trucks do when launching it is due to weak points and worn bushings in the steering linkage not axle movement. There are several steering upgrade kits available to greatly reduce or even eliminate the "toe-in" issues.

On Duramax trucks I have heard of the frame spreading at the back of the control arms under load, there is a factory brace that bolts in but supposedly doesnt always hold it. My 90s chevy truck never had a brace so we built a very beefy bar that bolts right on the rear lower control arm bolts to stabilize it.

Back