Purple People Eater Sh*t itself today

Find a different/better builder? There are tons of people running massive power and having no problems.

autos ftw! I'd rather battle trans problems than have a silly 5 speed lol

That's my logic, except for road courses.

I went through 3 autos so I gave up.

I'm not quite there yet.

Find a different/better builder? There are tons of people running massive power and having no problems.

He's a very well known and respected builder, and said he is going to make it right.

Really sounds like a fluid leak somewhere in the trans.

That's what I'm thinking, and after his test drive Friday, he thinks the same thing. I'm really hoping it's not the case.

Hopefully just a pinched seal

WTFSeal.jpg

Mike I'm hijacking you're thread for a minute.
Has anyone ever street driven a 20:1 CR motor on the street? What is the average life span on the wrist pin bearings, and rod/crank bearings? Should a zinc additive be ran at all times?

Mike I'm hijacking you're thread for a minute.
Has anyone ever street driven a 20:1 CR motor on the street? What is the average life span on the wrist pin bearings, and rod/crank bearings? Should a zinc additive be ran at all times?

VW runs that much from factory, and they're just little baby parts. I'd like to think the 1000lbs of engine that is a 6bt could handle it, especially at stock power. The way I see it, cylinder pressure is cylinder pressure. Whether its from more fuel, boost pressure, or higher compression. I would see stroke length being the major killer on heavier rotating assemblies.

I'll be corrected though, so I'm awaiting a reply.

I should have said CR= compression ratio......... Well the motor is going in labor weekend. We'll see how it goes.

Back